1 hour guided Ice Cave tour with necessary safety equipment
Admission to the ice cave
Exhilarating snowmobile ride and crampons for walking into the ice cave
All necessary equipment for snowmobiling (helmet, gloves, snow-suit)
Knowledgeable local guide
Waterproof one-piece suite and boots if needed. Provided by the Into the Glacier team.
What to bring
Good to know
- We recommend that you dress according to the weather of the day.
- Please show up at our Reykjavik Terminal (located at Skógarhlíð 10) 15 minutes prior to the departure time.
- We kindly ask you to be ready at your pick up point with your voucher, either in digital or printed form.
- If you have booked a hotel pickup, please be at your chosen pickup location 30 minutes before the departure of the tour. Look for the Green Smartbus™ which will be outside your accommodation at within the 30 minutes of pickup.
- There is a minimum of 2 passengers for this tour.
- The age limit for the snowmobiling part of this tour is 8 years.
- A valid driving licence is required to drive the snowmobile.
- You will be traveling in a coach that holds approximately 40-65 people, but is very spacious and comfortable. It is featured with lavatory facilities as standard. The bus offers free wifi and USB charging ports.
- Lunch is not included, but we will stop at Húsafell where you will have a chance to buy food and drinks and use the restrooms if needed. You will have a chance to eat at the Húsafell Bistro after exiting the ice cave.
Interesting locations in the area
Most frequent questions and answers
If you have not booked a pick up for the tour, the meeting point is at the Reykjavik Terminal – located at Skógarhlíð 10.
If you have booked a pick up for the tour, the minibus will be at your chosen pick up location 30 minutes before the departure of th etour. Look for a green minibus.
The age limit for this tour is 8 years. Children from 8 – 16 years need to share a snowmobile with an adult.
The ice cave part of the tour is around 1 hour.
Lunch is not included, but we will stop at Húsafell where you will have a chance to buy food and drinks and use the restrooms if needed. You will have a chance to eat at the Húsafell Bistro after exiting the ice cave.
You will receive a full refund if the tour gets cancelled due to weather.
Yes, and you definitely should! The setting on the tour is full of amazing, scenic views.