A local host/guide that will take you around Reykjavik.
Beer tasting of six different Icelandic beers.
Six Icelandic courses, locally sourced and cooked by Bryggjan Brugghús Chefs and served “Tapas” style.
Knowledgeable Northern Lights expert
Free use of astronomy binoculars
Free star map to learn about the sky above you, at that specific time in the year.
Tablets in each seat with information so you can learn the basics of Northern Lights photography
Free use of camera tripods, every tour has tripods that fit almost any camera or phone
Northern Lights Guarantee – if you don’t see the northern lights you can come again for free!
Free Wi-Fi and USB charger for each seat on the bus
In-bus audio guide with a choice of 10 languages
Wherever the northern lights are most likely to show up
What to bring
Good to know
- As this is an experience involving alcohol, you must be at least 20 years of age to participate. Be sure to bring identification with you to participate.
- Northern Lights Guaranteed – Please note, it will not be possible to refund this tour in the event of an unsuccessful northern lights hunt. However, you may re-book the northern lights portion of the tour and continue coming back on subsequent tours until you have a tour of successful northern lights.
- You will be traveling in a coach that holds approximately 40-65 people, but is very spacious and comfortable. There is no bathroom on the bus but there will be plenty of stops where facilities can be used.
- We recommend that you dress according to the weather of the day. When going to hunt for the northern lights it is always wise to dress in warm waterproof clothes. Weather changes can be sudden so be prepared for all weather conditions. Waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves, and warm socks/waterproof shoes are recommended, especially since we will be outside at night.
- We recommend that you bring your own headphones for the audio guide in the bus. Otherwise headphones are available for purchase in every bus from our hosts.
- If you have a DSLR Camera and Tripod bring them along. Our guides will help you set up you camera so that you can take home a memory of the northern lights.
- Please show up at our Reykjavik Terminal (located at Skógarhlíð 10) 15 minutes prior to the departure time.
- We kindly ask you to be ready at your pick up point with your voucher, either in digital or printed form.
- If you have booked a hotel pickup, please be at your chosen pickup location 30 minutes before the departure of the tour. Look for the Green Smartbus™ which will be outside your accommodation at within the 30 minutes of pickup.
- You will be traveling in a coach that holds approximately 40-65 people, but is very spacious and comfortable. It is featured with lavatory facilities as standard. The bus offers free wifi and USB charging ports.
- Lunch is not included and this trip does not have a scheduled lunch time. After the trip to the ice cave, we have limited time before heading to the lava tunnel so it is highly recommended bring some snacks or lunch for the way.
- This tour is perfect for single travelers, groups and families.
Interesting locations in the area
Most frequent questions and answers
Your meeting point for the tour is at Bryggjan Burgghus restaurant. This is where your beer and food tasting tour will take place.
After the beer and food tasting tour you will be picked up for the northern lights hunt.
As this is an experience involving alcohol, you must be at least 20 years of age to participate. Be sure to bring identification with you to participate.
If you don’t see the northern lights on the tour, you can the northern lights part of the tour and continue coming back on subsequent tours until you have a night of successful northern lights.
You will receive a full refund if the tour gets cancelled due to weather.
Yes, and you definitely should! The setting on the tour is full of amazing, scenic views.
You will also find a tablet in the bus with information about the northern lights and how to photograph them.
Yes, the guides on the tour will help you with your camera and can take photos of you with the northern lights (on your camera).
There will be tripods available for the travelers on the tour. However, if you have your own, we recommend that you bring it. We only have few tripods on each bus, so you might have to wait while the other people on the tour are using it.