A tour that takes you on a trip around the best of Iceland, from the wonderous glaciers of the south coast, black sand beaches and cute little villages to the crown jewel of the country, Jokulsralon Glacier Lagoon. This glorious tour could be and would be the highlight of your trip to Iceland with everything that you need to experience in Iceland at least once on the itinerary. Since this is a private tour you will be driving with your own private guide to all the best locations in Iceland. The tour is perfect for anyone that is not up to the large group tours and would like to have something to say about the itinerary of the day. It is also a great idea for groups to book a private tour. It can even be cheaper. So, pack a big day pack and get yourself ready for one of the most amazing tours that you can experience in Iceland. With surprises on each step, you will cease to find a moment of kicking back and catching a break.
Following the Tour Itinerary
On this private tour you will make your way from the capital city of Reykjavik to the south coast. The route will take you through small villages of the south coast along with Skaftafell Nature Reserve, and Seljalandsfoss waterfall before you get to the best attraction of the tour – the Jokulsarlon Glacial Lagoon. The lagoon is one of the top attractions in the whole country and is also known as the largest glacial lake in the whole of Europe and the deepest lake in Iceland with a depth of 260 meters. When the lagoon started forming in the year 1934 it was only 4.5 sq. kilometers but now it has reached almost 25 sq. kilometers. It is possible to take a boat ride on the glacier lagoon and sail between the huge icebergs that are floating around the lagoon. You can choose between a zodiac boat tour or amphibian boat tour. Book the boat tour as extra in the booking process.
Not far from Jokulsarlon lagoon is the infamous diamond beach of Iceland. A black sand beach with huge, life-size sculptures of ice lying all around the vicinity, as far as the eye can see. The Diamond beach of Iceland is a one-of-a-kind place which makes it another one of the most popular spots of the country among both tourists and the locals. It is also one of the best places to have photoshoots given the stark contrast that is created by the natural elements here. Surrounded by all that is powerful in Iceland, the south coast is truly an amazing experience to have.
The stops that you will cover on your way back include Skógafoss waterfall and the popular Reynisfjara volcanic black sand beach. Skógafoss waterfall is one of the most beautiful waterfalls in the southern part of Iceland. There is a staircase leading down to the gorge where the waterfalls. You can hike down these stairs and get to the gorge where you will find black sand and almost a guaranteed rainbow visible near the fall. The waterfall is also visible from the ring road and it almost looks like a painting.
Pick up & drop off in Reykjavik or the capital area.
Private Guided sightseeing to all the best locations on the South Coast and all the way to Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon & the Diamond Beach.
Professional private guide.
4G Internet WiFi on the vehicle.
Premium Icelandic Glacial Water Bottles.
Zodiac Boat tour on Jokulsarlon glacier lagoon
Amphibian Boat tour on Jokulsarlon glacier lagoon
Food & Beverages
What to bring
Dress according to weather
Gloves & Headwear
Comfortable walking shoes
Good to know
- This private tour of the south coast, diamond beach, and the Jokulsarlon lagoon will last at least 14 hours depending on the travel speed and the time spent on each location.
- A personal tour guide and comfort, luxury, or business class vehicle will be provided for the commute on this tour. Each vehicle has different occupancy numbers so, you can easily choose the one that suits your group the best. The maximum number of people that can travel in the available vehicles are 16.
- Pick up and drop location can be chosen and customized according to the list of pick-up locations available on the booking page. Most accommodations and hotels in the capital city area are accepted as a pick-up location.
- All tour vehicles will have a high-speed 4G Wifi connection, charging ports, and premium glacial water bottles, included in the tour price.
- Additional boat tours on the Jokulsarlon glacial lagoon can be bought in the booking engine an extra fee, as per the rate of the excursion chosen.
- The boat tours are only available from May 15th to September 30th.
- The price that will show up in the booking engine is per vehicle / group.
- Lunch is not included in the tour, but we can make stops on the way where you can purchase lunch.
- You can choose departure time fort he tour in the booking engine.
- This tour is perfect for groups.
Most frequent questions and answers
You can choose a pick up in Reykjavik or the capital area.
Since this is a private tour, you can change the itinerary of the tour. Your private guide will be in contact with you before the tour and you can send over some infromation about what places you would like to visit.
Note, that when you add a place to the itinerary, it might mean that you don’t have time for all the other activities that are listed above.
You can add a boat tour on Jokulsarlon glacier lagoon to your trip from May 15th – September 30th.
Please send us an email if you would like to add some other activities to your private tour.
The boat tour on Jokulsarlon glacier lagoon is available May 15th – September 30th.
The Zodiac boat tour is a smaller and faster boat than the Amphibian tour. On the Zodiac boat tour we are able to cover large areas of the lagoon and get closer to the icebergs than on the amphibian. When possible the Zodiac goes almost all the way up to the glacier (as close as safe).
When booking the tour, you can choose your vehicle.
– Scoda Superb Limo; 1-3 persons
– VW Caravelle Executive; 4-7 persons
– Mercedes Benz E-Class; 1-3 persons
– Mercedes Benz V-Class; 1-5 persons
– Mercedes Benz Sprinter; 6-11 persons
– Mercedes Benz Sprinter; 12-16 persons
– Mercedes Benz S-Class; 1-2 persons
Yes, you can bring your own food on the tour.
It is great to have snacks on the long drives along the south coast.
We can make stop for lunch on the way, but you can also bring a packed lunch on the tour.
You will receive a full refund if the tour gets cancelled due to weather.
– We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 7 days or less before event
– We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 14 days or less before event
– We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 30 days or less before event
Yes, and you definitely should! The setting on the tour is full of amazing, scenic views.