Geothermal Steam Bath at Laugarvatn Fontana
Iceland is a volcanically and geologically active place that surprises you at every step. With floating icebergs, exceptionally beautiful panoramic views, geothermal pools, majestic waterfalls, geysers, and naturally formed Aurora Borealis, Iceland is truly a treasure for most of the adventure seekers and nature lovers. You cannot miss visiting Iceland; it is nearly there in every traveler’s bucket list. Now, one of the most spectacular places in Iceland is the Laugarvatn Fontana, which is located in the middle of the Golden Circle. Let’s dig in more to know more about this amazing and unique spa.
Perfect Place for An Authentic Icelandic Experience:
Experience a unique and extravagant bathing experience in the Laugarvatn Fontana Spa. A place that is full of refreshing geothermal pools and steam baths to rejuvenate yourself and spend a relaxing time in the lap of nature. Wade into the natural refreshing pools, walk right from the pools towards the dock and from there you can take a dip in the energizing water. You will experience hot fountains at the beach too, where you will feel the warm and cozy surface water, it is considered both invigorating and healthy. It has interconnected mineral baths, ice-cold Lake Laugarvatn, along with natural hot spring, steam baths, and geothermal rye bread bakery. It is one of the perfect places of attraction on the Golden Circle route.
How to Reach Laugarvatn Fontana Spa?
Laugarvatn Fontana Geothermal Spa is located near the Golden Circle tour-route and this could be a fabulous stop in between. The Fontana Spa is nearly about 39 km away from Gullfoss Waterfall, and 25 km from Þingvellir National Park and 29 km from Geysir Hot Springs. When started from Reykjavík, it is 77 km away while 121 km from Keflavik, and 39 km from Selfoss.
Admission to the geothermal baths & natural steam baths.
Use of shower and changing rooms with personal locker.
Shampoo, conditioner, creams and cotton pads are available in locker rooms.
What to bring
Good to know
- Swimsuits, dressing gown and towels can be rented at location.
- There are three mineral baths at Laugarvatn Fontana that vary in depth, size and temperature.
- You can find Finnish style Sauna at Laugarvatn Fontana. The temperature is between 80°C and 90°C.
- You can walk to Laugarvatn Lake from Laugarvatn Fontana for a cold bathing experience.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Interesting locations in the area
Most frequent questions and answers
Laugarvatn Fontana is located in Laugarvatn – part of the Golden Circle.
Laugarvatn Fontana is located 77 kilometers drive from Reykjavík. Duration of the drive is around 1 hour & 12 minutes in good road conditions.
You can rent swimsuit and towel at Laugarvatn Fontana.
Price for rentals
Laugarvatn Fontana is open today from 12 p.m to 7 p.m.
You will receive a full refund if the tour gets cancelled due to weather.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 1 day or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 2 days or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 0% if booking is cancelled 3 days or less before event
You can stay as long as you want, within opening hours. Most people spend around 90 minutes in total.