If you bode well with luxury and would like to experience some of the best places and experiences that Iceland has to offer then we invite you to this gorgeous private tour of the Golden Circle and the Blue Lagoon. Catered individually to your taste and designed to keep up with all your needs, this private tour will take you to places that are a must-visit when you are in Iceland. From hot springs to waterfalls, farms, one of the three national parks in the country, and many other sweet little twists in the middle, this tour will be all about your comfort, needs, and desires while taking you to these magnificent places on the most famous route of the country. So, think no more and hop on the ride to the Golden Circle and Blue Lagoon private tour with us.
Know the Tour Schedule
The tour will begin from your pickup spot in the capital area. The pickup spot can be chosen from our list of spots which includes several guesthouses, apartments, hostels, and hotels. The list can be found in a drop-down menu on the booking page. The first stop after the pickup would ideally be Thingvellir National Park. You will visit the Silfra Fissure, the first parliament building of Iceland, and many other attractions. The next stop will be made on the Geysir Geothermal Area where there are several active geysers. Come along next is the Gullfoss waterfall which is followed by a visit to the Faxi waterfall and a lunch break at Friðheimar farm. The last stop on the golden circle tour will be the Kerid crater.
After the Golden Circle tour comes to the final step of visiting the Blue Lagoon. The tour entourage will head back to the capital city and proceed towards the Blue Lagoon. You will have about 3 hours to enjoy a nice, soothing soak in the warm, medicinal water of the lagoon and have a bite to eat in the gorgeous restaurant of the retreat.
Admission fee to the Kerid Crater and premium tickets to the Blue Lagoon is included in the tour along with the free pick up and drop at the location of choice. The tour vehicle will have high-speed 4G internet, WiFi, and premium bottled glacial water. The tour will last for a duration of 12 hours. It is recommended to bring your swimsuit for the visit to the Blue Lagoon and dress warmly for the rest of the trip in layers of warm clothes and sturdy hiking boots.
About the Destinations in the tour
- Thingvellir National Park: A UNESCO world heritage site, the Thingvellir National Park is the first destination in the tour of the Golden Circle. Be it springs to fissures, lava fields, mountain ranges or lush flora, and incredible fauna, the Thingvellir National Park contains a little bit of everything that you can get to see in Iceland. You will get to see the very first parliament building ever erected in the country which still stands, even though not in use after the construction of the new parliament building in the capital city.
- Geysir Geothermal Area: An enormous area filled with hundreds of erupting geysers and hot water holes; the Geysir Geothermal Area is the second main stop on the Golden Circle of Iceland. The area is named after the now-dormant geyser located there – Geysir. Geysir does not erupt anymore but it used to shoot out a water gun up in the air till about 110 meters when it was active. Now the biggest geyser in the vicinity is Strokkur. This geyser goes up to almost 20 meters every 10 minutes or so.
- Gullfoss Falls: Very well-known as the golden falls, Gullfoss waterfall is one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Iceland. Approximately 175 meters wide, 106 meters high, and drops in a canyon at a distance of about 69 meters, the waterfall gets its name from the way the cascading water looks under the midnight sun – like molten gold. The summers have a white foamy thrilling stream of water which glimmers like gold falling in a canyon surrounded by beautiful green rocks. The winter hosts in a snowy-white landscape with the electric blue and white stream of water falling in the snow-clad canyon.
- Faxi Waterfall: A smaller waterfall as compared to Gullfoss, Faxi waterfall is located about 12 kilometers away from the Gullfoss waterfall and requires a small detour from the golden circle. The waterfall is 80 meters in width and 7 meters in height. Some people also know it as a smaller version of the Gullfoss.
- Friðheimar Farm: Get a taste of Iceland’s home-grown tomatoes and many other vegetables in this beautiful farm which has its greenhouse and a cute, little restaurant. The farm is open for tourists during visitor hours and so is the restaurant. There is also a beautiful horse show that you can catch when on the farm.
- Kerid Crater: This beautiful oval-shaped crater is one of the most beautiful places in the country and needless to say, unique. Kerid crater used to be an active volcano but when the lava inside the volcano dried up, the leftover oval crater got filled up with beautiful azure-colored waters. The color scheme of the whole vicinity is something out of an oil painting painted by a professional artist. The oval-shaped crater is filled with blue water which is then surrounded by brown, yellow, golden, and red-colored soil.
- The Blue Lagoon: Located in the capital only about 20 minutes away from the international airport of Reykjavik, the Blue Lagoon is one of the destinations for which Iceland is primarily known for. The natural hot spring is filled with azure blue milky water which is said to have medicinal properties that can treat several skin conditions. The Blue Lagoon is now a full-fledged retreat with spa and sauna facilities, a gorgeous restaurant, hotel, and many more amenities.
Pick up & drop off in Reykjavik or the capital area.
Private Guided sightseeing to all the best locations in the Golden Circle
Entrance fee to Kerið Crater.
Premium tickets to the Blue Lagoon
3 hours in the Blue Lagoon.
4G Internet WiFi on the vehicle.
Premium Icelandic Glacial Water Bottles.
Extra 30 minutes at the Blue Lagoon
Extra 1 hour at the Blue Lagoon
Upgrade to The Restreat Spa admission to the Blue Lagoon
What to bring
Good to know
- You can choose a vehicle for your private tour in the booking engine. We have vehicles for up to 16 people.
- The price that will show up in the booking engine is per vehicle / group.
- Entrance fee to Kerið Crater & Þingvellir National Park is included in the price.
- Premium tickets to the Blue Lagoon is included in the price. You can upgrade to The Retreat Spa in the booking engine.
- You can choose departure time fort he tour in the booking engine. Latest departure is at 11.00.
- This tour is perfect for groups and families.
You might find interesting...
Most frequent questions and answers
You can choose a pick up in Reykjavik or the capital area.
Please send us an email if you would like to add some other activities to your private tour.
When booking the tour, you can choose your vehicle.
– Scoda Superb Limo; 1-3 persons
– VW Caravelle Executive; 4-7 persons
– Mercedes Benz E-Class; 1-3 persons
– Mercedes Benz V-Class; 1-5 persons
– Mercedes Benz Sprinter; 6-11 persons
– Mercedes Benz Sprinter; 12-16 persons
– Mercedes Benz S-Class; 1-2 persons
You will receive a full refund if the tour gets cancelled due to weather.
Yes, you can upgrade to The Retreat admission.
You will be spending 3 hours at the Blue Lagoon. If you would like to stay longer at the Blue Lagoon, you can add extra 30 minutes or 1 hour to the visit in the booking engine.
– We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 7 days or less before event
– We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 14 days or less before event
– We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 30 days or less before event
Yes, and you definitely should! The setting on the tour is full of amazing, scenic views.
You will also find a tablet in the bus with information about the northern lights and how to photograph them.