Iceland is a geologically and volcanically active place that is home to some of the most beautiful attractions that you can find anywhere in the world. But when in Iceland, the first destination you will come across is Reykjavik, the capital city of Iceland, which is also the world’s most northerly capital. Let’s get on this private tour to explore the capital city life.
A Private Tour to Explore the Historical and Cultural Aspect of Reykjavik
Since Reykjavik is the capital city of Iceland and is located close to the airport, it would most likely be the first destination of your trip to Iceland. It has a vast history and showcases the historical aspect and the modern aspect very beautifully. People with historic and cultural interests will find this place amazingly beautiful and interesting at the same time. Nothing seems better than going on a private Reykjavik sightseeing tour to see the city up and close. Few of the places include the famous Ásmundur Sveinsson Museum of Sculpture, Árbæjarsafn Folk Museum, Sigurjón Ólafsson Museum, and the National Museum of Iceland. You can visit Laugardalur, which is in the heart of the city and has an outdoor geothermal swimming pool, Húsdýragarðurinn petting zoo, botanic garden, along the adventure park too. Not just this, the sightseeing tour also includes a visit to the most popular locations in the city center. Hallgrímskirkja church, the sun voyager, Harpa Concert Hall, Iceland’s parliament, Althing, modern City Hall, Port of Reykjavík, the harbor area and more locations can be a part of this tour if you want to.
The private tour to explore Reykjavik will take you to the unseen areas that seem interesting and worth visiting, a place to capture both the modern as well as the historical aspect and evolution. It will take you approximately 3 hours on this Reykjavik sightseeing tour. So, get on this private tour and spend some time seeing Reykjavik with a local guide.
Pick up & drop off in Reykjavik or the capital area.
Private Local Guide that knows Reykjavik in and out
4G Internet WiFi on the vehicle.
Premium Icelandic Glacial Water Bottles.
Food & beverages
What to bring
Good to know
- You can choose a vehicle for your private tour in the booking engine. We have vehicles for up to 16 people.
- The price that will show up in the booking engine is per vehicle / group.
- We recommend that you dress according to the weather of the day for this tour.
- If there are any locations that are on your must visit list, we recommend that you send it to your private guide before the tour. Your private guide will be in contact with you with the schedule for the tour.
- This tour is perfect for groups. We have cars for up to 16 people.
- This tour is perfect if you are on a stopover in Iceland.
- This tour is perfect if you are on a cruise excursion with a stopover in Reykjavik.
Most frequent questions and answers
You can choose a pick up in Reykjavik or the capital area.
When booking the tour, you can choose your vehicle.
– Scoda Superb Limo; 1-3 persons
– VW Caravelle Executive; 4-7 persons
– Mercedes Benz E-Class; 1-3 persons
– Mercedes Benz V-Class; 1-5 persons
– Mercedes Benz Sprinter; 6-11 persons
– Mercedes Benz Sprinter; 12-16 persons
– Mercedes Benz S-Class; 1-2 persons
You will receive a full refund if the tour gets cancelled due to weather.
– We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 7 days or less before event
– We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 14 days or less before event
– We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 30 days or less before event
Yes, and you definitely should! The setting on the tour is full of amazing, scenic views.