Iceland is an extremely calm, and serene place that is sure to leave you stunned with its natural and raw beauty. From snow-capped mountains and volcanoes, massive lava fields, staggering waterfalls, glacier lagoons, geysers, and whatnot. There is much more to see in Iceland than you would ever expect! Iceland has everything that you ever wish to witness and explore. But, for someone who loves to explore the marine life and simultaneously wish to see Iceland from a bird’s eye, nothing seems to be better that going on a Reykjavík whales & helicopter tour. Yes, watching the majestic whales and then exploring the city from a helicopter is enough to excite anyone. So, let’s get to know more about this tour!
Whale Watching and Riding the Helicopter
This tour will take you above the main capital city Reykjavík and the surrounding area and then followed by spending time watching the whales. The tour will commence at the domestic airport, where you will be briefed about the tour and about the complete region that will be covered during the helicopter ride. Then, you will board the helicopter, and the journey to see Iceland from a bird’s view will start. The beautiful and stunning landscapes with mountains all over await you. This complete helicopter tour will take approximately 30-45 minutes and, to make it even more memorable, the pilot will land on a mountain near Reykjavík, where you will be allowed to capture the spectacular panoramic city view. After this, you will head back to the airport.
Now, moving on to the next destination to see the massive whales flipping and flopping in the ocean, head towards the old harbor, from where the tour will commence. During this whale watching tour experts will be by your side to guide you throughout, so you will be informed about the landscape, dolphins, whales, and other things related to the area and marine life. This will take approximately 3-4 hours and is sure to give you a lifetime of memories to cherish. So, make the most of it and join this whale watching tour in combination with the helicopter ride over Reykjavík. This is the perfect way to spend time exploring Iceland and its marine life.
English Speaking Professional Whale Watching Guides
Warm buoyant overalls, rain coats and blankets on the tour.
What to bring
Good to know
- There is no pickup available for the Helicopter tour. For an additional fee you can get picked up by after the helicopter tour and be driven to the Whale Watching meeting point. Please contact us directly for this service.
- The meeting time for the helicopter tour is at 10.45.
- The meeting time for the whale watching tour is at 12.45 at the Old Harbor in Reykjavik.
- The meeting point for the helicopter tour is at Hangar 1 – see map.
- There is a minimum of 2 passengers for this tour.
- The boat that is used on the whale watching part of the tour has inside and outside areas. During the tour you can either relax in our indoor saloons or enjoy the view from our outdoor viewing platforms.
- The boat is equipped with restrooms, on-board cafés and safety equipment.
- We provide warm, buoyant overalls, rain coats or blankets on the whale watching tour.
- All whale watching tours are subject to weather conditions and sightings cannot be guaranteed. We reserve the right to cancel the tour due to bad weather conditions.
- Our ship is comfortable and warm and suits very well for Whale Watching.
- This is a family friendly tour.
Most frequent questions and answers
The meeting point for the tour is at Hangar 1, close to the domestic airport in Reykjavik.
You should be at the meeting point for the helicopter tour before 10.45
The meeting point for the whale watching part of the tour is at Reykjavik Old Harbor.
You should be at the meeting point for the whale watching tour before 12.45
It is not possible to get a pick up for the helicopter part of the tour.
You can get a pick up after the helicopter tour that will take you to the whale watching part of the tour for a small fee. Contact us for more information – email@example.com
After you arrive at the Whale Watching location, you can go to the Whale Watching Centre – a floating museum – located in an old fishing vessel permanently placed by the pier.
You can sit down with a coffee and check out the whale exhibition.
Yes, the helicopter pilot will make a few minutes stop on one of the mountains near Reykjavik where you will see magnificent views over the surrounding areas and panoramic view of the city.
If the tour gets cancelled due to weather you can choose between rescheduling the tour for another departure or receiving a full refund.
Free cancellation up to 1 day before the tour. If you cancel within 1 day notice, a 100% fee will be charged.
However, we always ask you to cancel the tour as soon as possible so we can adjust the schedule for the day depending on how many people will be joining the tour.
Yes, and you definitely should! The setting on the tour is full of amazing, scenic views.
This is, of course, a personal choice, we have often had pregnant women on our trips. This tour is listed as easy so if you do not feel uncomfortable on a boat, this tour should be ideal for you.
Do you have a question?
We would love to hear from you
You might find interesting...