Iceland is a volcanically and geologically active place and is home to steaming lava fields, staggering waterfalls, human-sized icebergs, geysers, and not to forget the magnificently beautiful marine life. Something is amazing to experience in Iceland, which is exploring the marine life closely and spending some time riding the Icelandic horses. Seems exciting? Of course, it is! So, hop on to this tour that includes horse riding followed by the Akureyri Whale Watching tour.
Adventure at the Sea and Horse Riding
If you haven’t done horse riding yet then, nothing seems better than spending some time horse riding and that too on an Icelandic horse, during the morning hours amidst nature. Your morning couldn’t have been better and this horse-riding tour will take approximately 1.5 hours to complete. It commences at the stable, shape 10 in the morning and it is recommended to reach the place at least 15 minutes before the start. Fret not, if this is your first time horse riding, there are plenty of good variety of horses that are selected as per the rider’s experience level; from beginner to experienced, a perfect horse will be provided to meet the ability and need of the rider. Safety equipment will be provided to the riders. After the horse-riding tour you should have enough time to spend some time relaxing and soaking in the hot tub!
The next destination will be the harbor from where the tour to watch watching will start. This whale watching tour will take 3 hours to complete and will take you to the middle of Eyjafjordur, which is somewhat close to the area where we did horse riding. If you are a true animal and marine life admirer then, there is nothing better than going aboard a high-speed boat to have a closer look at the whales in Akureyri – the ‘capital of the North’. If you have seen pictures and videos of the larger-than-life whales that call Iceland their homes – flipping in the midst of the sea, then you can easily imagine how majestic and mesmerizing it will be to witness that same glory in person. Join this fabulous tour to meet and greet the beautiful and majestic whales and dolphins of Iceland.
English Speaking Professional Whale Watching & Horse Riding Guides
What to bring
Swimsuit & towel for the hot tub
Head wear & Gloves
Good to know
- The duration of the horse riding part to the tour is around 1.5 hour.
- The duration of the whale watching part of the tour is 3 hours.
- You should be at the departure point at least 15 minutes before scheduled departure.
- The boat has inside and outside areas to watch the whales.
- The boat is equipped with restrooms, on-board café and safety equipment.
- The boat has a specially designed, “cinema style” viewing platform on the front of the ship, ideal to view the Eyjafjord humpbacks.
- We will provide buoyant overalls, rain coats and blankets on the tour.
- Safety is a top priority for us, and we take every possible precaution to guarantee a safe and enjoyable tour.
- Crew members have gone through STCW training from the Maritime Safety and Survival Training Center and regularly attend courses in maritime safety and lifesaving.
- All whale watching tours are subject to weather conditions and sightings cannot be guaranteed. We reserve the right to cancel the tour due to bad weather conditions.
- The minimum age for passengers is 12 years.
Most frequent questions and answers
Pick up from your hotel in Akureyri is included in this tour. Add the pick up at the time of booking.
You should schedule to be at our departure point at least 15 minutes before scheduled departure. The pick up service will make sure that you are there in time.
If the tour gets cancelled due to weather you can choose between rescheduling the tour for another day or receiving a full refund.
Free cancellation up to 1 day before the tour. If you cancel within 1 day notice, a 100% fee will be charged.
However, we always ask you to cancel the tour as soon as possible so we can adjust the schedule for the day depending on how many people will be joining the tour.
There is no problem to join the tour even though you have never been horse riding before. If this is your first time horse riding, there are plenty of good variety of horses that are selected as per the rider’s experience level; from beginner to experienced, a perfect horse will be provided to meet the ability and need of the rider.
The boat has plenty of indoor and outdoor seating, toilets and bar/cafeteria.
We have almost 100% sightings on this tour.
Yes, and you definitely should! The setting on the tour is full of amazing, scenic views.
The boat that you will go on is the only high speed whale watching ship in Iceland. Comfortable and specially designed for the area with plenty of indoor and outdoor seating, toilets and bar/cafeteria.
Do you have a question?
We would love to hear from you
You might find interesting...
Multi Day Tours