Explore Landmannalaugar on A Super Jeep
Iceland is a place that holds mysteries within and never fails to attract adventure seekers, travelers, and environmentalists from across the world. When you visit Iceland, you are surely going to witness something that seems dreadful and unbelievable at first. The remarkable and massive creations of nature include the captivating backdrop of cloud-covered mountains, steaming geysers, arched-shaped bay, staggering waterfalls, brutal weather conditions, and hot springs, and all these at one place. Iceland has everything that you wish to explore and is there in your bucket list. But amidst those beautiful places, there is one more fascinating place, Landmannalaugar and to explore it on a jeep is something, which surely will add more thrill and excitement to your trip. So, let’s begin with what makes Landmannalaugar a must-visit place in Iceland. This place is indeed a brilliant example of mind-blowing landscapes.
Incredible Super Jeep Tour Across Landmannalaugar’s Kaleidoscopic Hills
Landmannalaugar is a region that has captivating geological elements and is known for the massive lava fields and rhyolite mountains, which is always packed a rainbow of colors from pink to brown, green, blue, splashes of yellow, purple to black in between. And when you have the benefit of exploring all this in a super jeep, you should never miss out on the chance.
When starting with Landmannalaugar super jeep tour, your tour will start in Hvolsvollur. Before we start the adventure, you can grab a cup of tea or coffee at the meeting point. From there you will ride on the Super Jeep through the highlands of Iceland and in to Landmannalaugar. Drive through the stunning wilderness when leaving the green farmlands of lowland, that awaits us. The Icelandic highlands are jeep’s natural habitat and make a perfect companion when driving on coarse gravel roads, and crossing rivers on your way to Landmannalaugar. On the way you will witness some stunning attractions that are thought to be the most gorgeous sightings in Iceland. And just imagine, going in a jeep and exploring the picturesque highlands of Iceland. Isn’t this amazing? Another thing you can do while in Landmannalaugar, is to relax in or bathe in one of the natural hot pools or can bring more adventure by going on a short hiking trip. Just remember to carry head wear, gloves, a set of outdoor clothing, hiking boots, and a packed meal too.
Professional English Speaking Highlands & Mountain Guide
Super Jeep Tour
Hot Spring Bathing
Guided 1-2 hours Hiking in the Highlands of Iceland
Pick up and drop off in Hvolsvöllur / Hella area – other pickup location on request
Beautiful sights and scenery
What to bring
Warm clothing (first layer)
Swimsuit & towel
Day Backpack where you can put your extra clothes, lunch, extra snacks and water.
Good to know
- There is a minimum of 4 participants for this tour.In case of fewer bookings we will give you two choices: alternative trip or 100% refund. Maximum group size is 10 people.
- This tour is available as a private tour upon request.
- This tour is suitable for both single travelers, groups and families.
- The tour departs from Midgard Base Camp in Hvolsvöllur, south Iceland.
- If you arrive early you can go to Midgard Base Camp for a cup of coffee.
- Pick up from your accommodation in the area is also included in the tour.
- Pick up from Reykjavik is available for extra fee of ISK 60.000
- The hike in Thorsmork is around 8-10 km, or 3-4 hours. The path is uneven at times and the route takes you uphill and downhill.
All our tours have the flexibility needed to make sure you have the best possible day depending on weather and road conditions
Lunch is not included. However, you can order lunchboxes in the booking process.
Interesting locations in the area
Hotels & Restaurants
Most frequent questions and answers
The meeting point is at Midgard Base Camp in Hvolsvöllur in south Iceland.
Driving time from Reykjavik to Midgard Base Camp is around 1 hour and 30 minutes. If you arrive early, you can grab a coffee at the camp.
We recommend that you wear comfortable shoes. You do not need hiking shoes, but if you are interested in hiking around the area, we recommend that you bring them.
We do hike in the rain, snow, wind and any other weather conditions that nature decides to throw at us. After all, we’re going on adventures! If the weather is unsafe for any reason, the trip will be changed or postponed. You will be notified the week of your trip if there are changes due to weather.
It is recommended to have a sturdy pair of broken-in trail shoes, boots, or sneakers (depending on the tour). It is preferable to dress in layers and wear clothing that will wick away perspiration and keep you dry and comfortable. We recommend that you take a small backpack with you where you can keep extra clothes. As the weather is very unpredictable we advice people to check the weather forecast the evening before.
Here is a list that is good to have in mind when packing for an active vacation in Iceland:
- Hiking Boots – Preferably of waterproof material (Gore-Tex or alternative)
- Long sleeve shirt (thermal underwear) – Wool or synthetic
- Light wool sweater or fleece (2nd layer)
- Trousers (2nd layer) – Strong and light material that dries quickly. Wind resistant and water repelling preferable.
- Rain Jacket or an Anorak with hood – Waterproof and breathable material. Gore-Tex or equivalents are preferable.
- Rain trousers – Waterproof and breathable material
- Liner Gloves – Wool or synthetic (polypropylene / polyester)
- Socks – Wool or synthetic. One or two pairs for thermal and blister prevention
- Hat or beanie – Wool or synthetic
The hike in Thorsmork is around 8-10 km, or 3-4 hours. The path is uneven at times and the route takes you uphill and downhill.
Please contact us to get the latest information on your desired trip.
Reservations are required for guaranteed spots on all tours. Reservations help us determine the number of guides we need to ensure that our groups remain manageable and enjoyable, and they allow us to notify you of changes to the tour due to weather or anything that could disturb the tours.
We understand that you may not have a printer handy when you’re traveling so it is not necessary to have a printed copy. However, we require that you show ID matching your reservation.
It is possible to have a pick up in Reykjavik for the fee of ISK 60.000
We recommend that you rent a car and drive to the meeting point in south Iceland.