- Lake Myvatn
- Myvatn Nature Baths
- Námaskarð geothermal area
- Goðafoss waterfall
While exploring the north, a visit to Lake Mývatn and its surroundings is a must-see! Our tour begins by driving along the picturesque coast of Eyjafjordur, one of the longest fjords in Iceland. En route to Lake Mývatn, we make a stop at Goðafoss waterfall, one of the most stunning waterfalls in Iceland. Lake Mývatn was created by a large basaltic lava eruption 2300 years ago, and the volcanic landforms surrounding it, including lava pillars and rootless vents, dominate the landscape.
We take a look at Grjótagjá cave and pause at the hot spring area at Hverarönd in Námaskarð, as well as the Nature baths where you can relax in steam baths and bathe in geothermal water. You can also take a massage in the baths.
On the way back, we visit the unique lava formations of Dimmuborgir, which are among the most popular tourist attractions in the Lake Myvatn area. We also stop at Skútustaðagígar, which is a pseudocrater area.
Our last stop is in Eyjafjordur, where you can take in the magnificent view of Akureyri over the fjord and take a great photo. This small group tour (maximum 16 people) is well organized and reasonably priced, making it a perfect choice for exploring Lake Myvatn and its surroundings.
- Guided sightseeing tour to Myvatn and Goðafoss in North Iceland
- Small group guided tour
- Pick up and drop off in Akureyri
- Meals and beverages
- Entry Fee to Myvatn Nature Baths – available as extra when booking the tour
What to bring
- Dress according to weather
- water and wind proof clothes
- Swimwear & towel for Myvatn Nature Baths
Good to know
- Remember to bring your own swimsuit and towels for Myvatn Nature Baths.
- If you don’t like to join the nature baths you can relax at the restaurant Kvika.
- Time schedule can be different between cruise and for some cruise due to docking times there will not be time for the Nature Baths.
- You will receive a full refund if your cruise cannot dock.
- This is a family friendly tour – There is no age limit.
- This tour is organized for cruise ships.