Comfortable Whale Watching & Sea Angling tour with fantastic scenery, birdlife and diverse range of whale species in Eyjafjörður – North Iceland!
This Whale Watching Tour in Hauganes is one of the best whale watch tours in Iceland. Enjoy a comfortable boat tour while observing the magnificent scenery, diverse range of whale species and the birdlife of Eyjafjörður. We usually see Humpback Whales, Minke Whales, White Beaked Dolphins and Harbour Porpoise on this tour. If we are lucky we sometimes see a Killer Whale or a Blue Whale!
After you have watched the whales swim around the sea you will also have the opportunity to go sea angling. Sea angling is a great sport for anyone. We usually catch a lot of fish on these tours, such as haddock, catfish, cod, and pollock. If you get lucky, you may even get to spot a giant halibut. All equipment for the tour is provided for assistance as well as fishing. You will be able to have your catch filleted to take with you after the tour!
This Whale Watching & Sea Angling tour is perfect for our visitors who love to see the whales of Eyjafjörður and enjoy the waters with experienced fishermen and captains. On this particular tour, we will take you through whale watching and get the best fish with sea angling.
The duration of the tour is around 2,5 – 3 hours. We don’t have to sail that far to see the whales or catch the good quality fish. Most of the time, we get the codfish but you may be able to spot other fish here as well. The captains on the tour spend their winters as professional fishermen so you can be assured that you are in good hands here! The guides are very experienced and can almost guarantee that if you give sea angling a try, you will not come back to shore empty handed.
We have had around 99% sightings of spotting whales on this tour!
Hauganes is a tiny and charming village in North Iceland that offers a very interesting whale watching tour. Hauganes is unique for the part that the community is very small with around 130 inhabitants. The views from this small fishing village are spactacular. The surrounding mountains and Eyjafjörður fjord is something that will not dissapoint.
This place is an Icelandic pioneer in whale watching! In Hauganes you can also go to the local restaurant and enjoy some local delicacies. There is also a black beach located in Hauganes where you can find hot tubs with views over the sea. Hauganes is kind of a hidden pearl in North Iceland since not many people travel here unless they are going on this Whale Watching tour. If you are the type who enjoys the road less traveled, then this may just be the perfect destination to add to your itinerary.
Come and join this Icelandic Whale Watching & Sea Angling tour, get to know the fishermen of North Iceland and the charming village of Hauganes.
What to bring
- Warm clothing
- Closed shoes (not sandals)
Good to know
This tour is ideal for everyone – solo travelers, families, kids, groups and friends.
- This is a very family friendly tour. There is no minimum age for this tour. The price for 7-15 years old is ISK 4.900 and the tour is free for kids under 7 years.
- Tours are dependent on weather and sea conditions. For your safety and comfort, we reserve the right to change or cancel departures, even with short notice, should weather or other conditions change. In case of cancellations due to weather, customers receive a full refund or can change their departure depending on availability.
Reservations can be cancelled 24 hrs prior to departure without penalty. Cancellations received less than 24 hrs prior to departure will be charged full price.
- This Whale Watch tour is operated in the small village of Hauganes. Hauganes is located on the west coast of Eyjafjörður in north Iceland. The drive to Hauganes from Akureyri is just 30 min on road 82.
- Please arrive in Hauganes at least 30 minutes before departure.
- We offer warm extra clothing, but we still recommend that passengers bring their own warm and waterproof clothes.