Explore the rugged beauty of Iceland’s south coast on an ATV tour, featuring a visit to the famous Black Beach and a plane wreck.
Join us on an exciting ATV tour of Iceland’s south coast and discover the rugged beauty of the area. The tour features a visit to the famous Black Beach, known for its volcanic sand and powerful waves, as well as a stop at a plane wreck that has become a popular tourist attraction.
The tour begins with a brief training session on how to operate the ATV, so even if you have never ridden one before, you will be able to participate. We will then head out on the rugged terrain and explore the stunning landscapes of Iceland’s south coast.
As we ride, we will pass by lava fields and black sand beaches, taking in the unique and dramatic scenery. One of the highlights of the tour will be a visit to the Black Beach, where you can see the power of the Atlantic Ocean up close. The guide will take you along the spectacular coastline where you will be treated to breathtaking views of the surrounding area. The black sand is created by volcanic activity in the area, and it makes for a truly unforgettable experience.
You will be amazed by the sight of the Dyrhólaey peninsula, the southernmost point of the country, and the awe-inspiring Mýrdalsjökull glacier in the distance.
After our visit to the Black Beach, we will head to the Solheimasandur plane wreck. This is a DC-3 airplane that crash-landed on the beach in 1973 and has been there ever since. The wreck has become a popular tourist attraction and provides a unique backdrop for photos. After visiting the plane wreck, you will embark on a thrilling drive to Jökulsá river and ascend the mountain’s foot.
The tour is suitable for participants of all skill levels. We will provide you with all the necessary equipment, including helmets and gloves.
Experience the thrill of riding an ATV while taking in the stunning scenery of Iceland’s south coast. Discover the beauty of the Black Beach and plane wreck.
- Professional ATV guide.
- ATV per two persons.
- Helmet and balaclava face mask.
- Insulated cover-all.
What to bring
- Warm & waterproof outdoor clothing
- Good hiking shoes are recommended
- Gloves & Headwear
- Camera (optional)
Good to know
- This tour is suitable for everyone. It does not matter if you have never been on an ATV before.
- You will get an ATV for two persons. It is possible to book a single ride on the ATV.
- It is mandatory for groups with odd numbers to book the single ride ATV.
- A valid driver’s license is required to drive a quad bike.
- The minimum age for this tour is 8 years.
- You do not have to print your ticket for this tour, it is enough to have an e-ticket.