- The Icelandic Horse
- Black Sand Beach
- Reynisdrangar sea cliffs
- Reynisfjall Mountain
Discover the beauty of Iceland’s breathtaking black sand beaches on horseback with the Vík Black Beach Horse Riding Tour. This hour-long journey is a unique and easygoing experience, perfect for riders of all levels. Let the gentle pace of the horses guide you through the rugged landscapes as you soak up the stunning views and soak in the natural beauty of the region. Whether you are an experienced rider or a first-timer, this is an opportunity you don’t want to miss!
The Black Sand Beach in Vík is known for its unique black sand that has been created over thousands of years from volcanic eruptions and the erosion of nearby glaciers. The contrast of the black sand against the powerful waves of the Atlantic Ocean creates a breathtaking and dramatic landscape. On this black beach horse riding tour you will see the black beach as well as the famous basalt columns and the nearby cliffs.
- 1 hour guided horse riding tour.
- All necessary equipment.
- Experienced horse riding guide.
What to bring
- Dress according to weather.
- Hiking boots or trainers.
- Hat or headband under that you can wear under the helmet if it is cold.
Good to know
- The minimum age for this tour is 10 years.
- The weight limit for the tour is 100 kg (220 lbs).
- We take safety very seriously and therefore require everyone to wear a helmet for the entire duration of the tour.
- This tour departs from Vík in South Iceland. This is a 3 hour drive from Reykjavik.
- Please be at the stable, dressed and ready to ride, 15 minutes before your departure time. This allows time for you to be signed in, get a helmet fitted, and a run-through of a quick demo/safety briefing so that everyone is on the horses and ready to leave on time.
- It rains a lot in Iceland so it is good to be prepared with raingear, but please avoid ponchos or big, flappy coats that may scare the horses.