Looking for a soothing and relieving outlet to leave all the travel stress, jet lag, and the fatigue from your endless adventures in Iceland behind? Join in this tour and reflect on Iceland’s mystical beauty while soaked in warm, healing mineral waters of the Blue Lagoon. One of the must-see destinations of the country, the Blue Lagoon is a part of the top 25 wonders of the world – another great reason to spend some time in the vicinity, right? So, pack your swimsuit and set out with us on this incredible tour of trans and tranquility at the Blue Lagoon and end your day sitting under the glimmering northern lights.
A Healing Soak in The Blue Lagoon
First stop of your tour, this beautiful lagoon is popular for its azure-colored milky water which is believed to have healing properties. People visit for both kinds of reasons – in hopes of physical and mental healing and for the raw, picturesque sight that it offers. The lagoon is a result of natural geothermal activities of the volcanic island that we know of as Iceland and contains natural warm. Bathing-hot waters enriched with mineral-like silica. You will get to stay at the lagoon for about 4 hours so, there will plenty of time for you to try every facility including the spas, sauna, and the restaurant. Take a step into the water, submerge yourself in the heat of the lagoon and drown in the beauty of the contrasting black rocks, the colorful clear sky, and glimmering lights.
Northern Lights Hunting
You will set back for the capital after you are done with the activities at the lagoon. As the night falls, your next trip will take shape and you will set out to hunt some nice, elusive auroras for yourself. Starting from your pick up point, you will head out of the city to the countryside where the light pollution is in the least amount. Northern Lights require a pitch-black, clear sky to be spotted and that is the only way to experience their true beauty.
An experienced guide will accompany you, who will be well-equipped with the weather information and information about the best places to spot the lights. You will be presented with several interesting facts and figures about the aurora borealis while you enjoy the dance of glorious green, blue, or pink-colored light. Did you know that northern lights change color depending on which particles the magnetic waves from the solar system collide with for example green is produced on collision with oxygen particles? Fascinating, right?
About the Tour
The tour will start from your designated pickup point or at Reykjavik Terminal in Skógarhlíð. Make sure that you are available at the meeting point 15 minutes before the boarding time with your voucher/ticket ready with you either in digital or physical form. You can also choose your accommodation as your pick up point. If you do, be ready 30 minutes before your boarding time with your ticket.
Your travel arrangements will be made in a Smart bus which is equipped with tablets on every single seat. The tablets are available with all the instructions of the tour in 10 different languages. There are separate USB charging points on each seat along with free Wi-Fi.
The northern lights part of the tour will start shortly after you get back from your Blue Lagoon. The northern lights tour will resume as soon as it gets dark enough to spot them. The timings differ according to the season. It is advised that you dress as per the weather as a big part of your northern lights hunting tour will be spent out in the open.
Admission to the Blue Lagoon
Silica mud mask
Use of towel
1st drink of our choice in the Blue Lagoon
Hotel pick up from your accommodation in Reykjavik
Wi-Fi & USB-charger for ever seat
Professional Northern Lights Expert & Guide
Northern Lights Guarantee – see the lights or come again for free.
Instructions about how to set up your camera to capture northern lights and the night sky
Free use of camera tripod – note that we only have few so if you own please bring it along.
Free use of astronomical telescope, for moon and stargazing
Photo memory of you and the northern lights (when aurora can be seen)
Hotel drop off at your accommodation in Reykjavik
What to bring
Good outdoor shoes
Warm & waterproof clothes
Gloves & Hat
Tripod if you have one
Good to know
- This tour has in bus audio guide with a choice of 10 languages – English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Finnish.
- This tour is operated in a coach that holds approximately 40-65 people. The coach is very spacious and comfortable. It is featured with lavatory facilities as standard. The bus offers free Wi-Fi and USB charging ports.
- This tour is only available with a pick up from Reykjavik.
- You can bring snacks and beverages on the tour if you like.
- We only have a few tripods and many people come on the tours, if you own please bring it along.
- If you go on the tour and do not see the northern lights, you may re-book the tour and continue coming back on subsequent tours until you have a night of successful northern lights.
- If during your stay in Iceland the northern lights portion of the tour is cancelled due to bad weather and you have no subsequent chance to reschedule, then this portion the tour will be refunded.
- The Northern Lights are only visible over the winter months and departures are highly dependent on weather conditions.
- Between returning from the Blue Lagoon and the beginning of the Northern Lights Hunt, there will be a short break before the start of the northern lights tour.
- We recommend that you bring your own headphones for the in bus audio guide, simply because they will fit you best. It is also great for the environment. If you don’t have your headphones, with you or forgot to bring them, no worries we sell earphones on board.
- We are working with Iceland’s most talented Northern lights hunters to find the best places every night. It is never a guaranteed that we will see northern lights, however, we do our best to maximize our chances by picking the best locations. Since it is never guaranteed to see aurora, we will make sure you get the chance to see them. In the event of a unsuccessful hunt, we offer you the chance to re-book as many times as needed until you partake in a successful northern lights hunt.
You might find interesting...
Multi Day Tours
Most frequent questions and answers
For tours that state that they pick up from Reykjavík, we ask all our customers to send their pick up location at least 24 hours prior to the departure of their tour. We cannot be responsible if you do not provide your pick up location, we won’t be responsible if you miss your tour.
Please be at your chosen pickup location 30 minutes before the departure of the tour. Look for the Green Smartbus™ which will be outside your accommodation at within the 30 minutes of pickup.
Due to regulations of Reykjavik City, tour companies are allowed to stop at certain designated bus stop locations in the city centre to pick up passengers. It is stated on your voucher whether we will pick you up directly from your accommodation or from the bus stop.
Find the closest designated pick up location using the map below:
You will receive a full refund if the tour gets cancelled due to weather.
If you go on the tour and do not see the northern lights, you may re-book the tour and continue coming back on subsequent tours until you have a night of successful northern lights.
Yes, you can bring your own food and drinks on the tour.
English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Finnish
You will have about 4 hours to enjoy the Blue Lagoon.