GeoSea is a world-class spa in North Iceland that has garnered notice for its high quality and stunning design. GeoSea offers an unforgettable experience of relaxation and rejuvenation. With its natural geothermal water and spa service, GeoSea provides a place where you can forget your worries, breathe in the fresh air, and be surrounded by nature.
The waters at the spa are a unique combination of crystal clear rock water and geothermal sea that provides a rejuvenating effect on human skins. The vista of Skjálfandaflói is breathtaking, with Arctic Circle on the horizon and whales emerging from the glistening sea. Overall, Geosea in Husavik is the perfect place to lose track of time and place.
Geosea is a popular spot for hot spring bathing in North Iceland. And though the Blue Lagoon is by far the most famous hot spring in Iceland, it is often crowded. GeoSea, the newest area in the Icelandic bathing culture, is excellent for a sublime and more reclusive experience.
Geosea: Most Beautiful Hot Spring in North Iceland
This amazing swimming pool is situated on the shore of the North Atlantic Sea in Husavík, a remote north-eastern fishing hamlet. The use of geothermal heat for bathing and washing is a centuries-old tradition in Husavik and the entire of Iceland.
Geosea Spa has been the ultimate luxury in Iceland since it opened in August 2018. It has a never-ending variety of swimming pools, an upstairs bar, mineral-rich saltwater, and bath-warm water. Mountains enclose Geosea Spa in the middle of the Icelandic highlands. The constant flow of water from the drill holes, through the pools, over their borders, and into the sea keeps the water within limits set by health standards.
The spa is open throughout the year, in the summer till midnight and 10 PM in the winter. Moreover, the scheduled location provides an excellent possibility of watching Northern Lights while swimming in the infinity pool. It is the ultimate location for everyone wanting to enjoy a geothermal bath with mesmerizing landscapes all around.
Facilities available at Geosea
- Changing Rooms: The large changing area beside the pool can accommodate up to 160 people at once.
- Storage Facility: You may store your items and valuables in your locker or leave them at reception.
- Shower: Before entering the baths, all guests are required to take a shower and properly wash their hands. Sóley Organics, an Icelandic natural skincare firm, supplies soap, shampoo, and conditioner to Geosea.
- Beverages: Guests can purchase a range of flavors in the baths, including beer, wine, and non-alcoholic drinks.
- Dining Area: Geosea Diner offers a balance of fresh ingredients that comfort the palate, with innovative takes on traditional dishes. In addition, Geosea serves authentic Icelandic food and alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. On sunny days, you can enjoy a delicious treat on the roof.
- Winter (September to May): 5:00 to 10:00 PM
- Summer (June to August): 11:00 AM to 11:00 PM
Geosea Entrance Fee
- Kids: 2200 ISK (about 18 USD) for children from 6 to 16 years of age. Free for children under six years.
- Adults: 4900 ISK or 39 USD for 18+.
- Others: 3100 ISK or 25 USD for senior citizens, students, and disabled persons. Ensure that you carry a valid ID.
Admission to the GeoSea Geothermal Sea baths.
GeoSea Geothermal Sea Baths
What to bring
Good to know
- Swimsuits and towels can be rented at location.
- There is a private locker in the changing rooms.
- All guests are required to take a shower and wash thoroughly before entering the lagoon.
- Body Wash, Shampoo and Conditioner is offered at the baths.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Cancellation Policy:
Cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 23 hour or less before event
Cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 2 days or less before event
Cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 3 days or less before event