Private Walking & Food Tour:
Private walking tours bring numerous advantages when compared to shared group tours:
Tailored Experience: A private tour allows you to shape the itinerary according to your interests and preferences. You can choose the attractions you wish to visit, the activities you want to engage in, and the pace that suits you.
Personalized Attention: Your private guide’s undivided attention is solely focused on you. They can address your queries, provide detailed insights about the places you explore, and offer a richer experience compared to shared tours where attention may be divided.
Enhanced Comfort: Private tours often offer upgraded transportation options like private cars or minivans, ensuring a more comfortable and exclusive travel experience, unlike shared buses or vans.
Convenience: The flexibility of private tours enables you to create a schedule that suits you. Adjustments can be made on the go, without the need to synchronize with other travelers or adhere to a fixed itinerary.
Adaptability: Private tours grant you the freedom to change plans spontaneously and allocate extra time to your favorite spots or activities that intrigue you the most.
Privacy and Exclusivity: Ideal for those traveling with family or friends, private tours provide a sense of privacy and exclusivity that shared tours may not offer.
In essence, private walking tours promise a travel experience that is uniquely tailored, flexible, and attentive to your specific interests and requirements.
On this Private Walking Tour we will:
- Listen to your preferences and design the itinerary to align perfectly with your desires.
- Admire Hallgrimskirkja Church.
- Look at the magnificent architecture of Harpa Concert Hall.
- Explore the birdlife at Reykjavik Pond.
- See the Reykjavik City Council house and the Parliament house.
- Peek down at the first Viking house in Iceland.
- Visit an Elf home and talk about the Elves of Iceland.
- See the oldest house in Reykjavik City Center.
- See the one and only Icelandic Hot Dog stand and get to know its history.
- Walk down to Reykjavik Harbor.
- Walk by Arnarhóll hill. This is where Icelanders come together to celebrate on big occasions.
- Stoll up the main shopping street of Iceland – Laugavegur.
- Visit the oldest graveyard in Iceland.
- Visit Austurvöllur where Icelanders come together when the sun shines.
- Stop at one of our favorite restaurants for a delightful 1-hour lunch or dinner shared with your local guide.
Our private Reykjavik walking tour with a culinary twist is your perfect introduction to the city. As you settle in (after checking into your accommodation and dropping off your bags, of course), this tour becomes your first stop in discovering Reykjavik’s charm.
Our family-friendly experience breathes life into Iceland’s history through captivating tales and local mythology. While iconic landmarks like Hallgrímskirkja Church are on the agenda (we’ll help you master the pronunciation!), we’re also eager to reveal hidden gems like our visit to an enchanting Elf house – things you’d easily miss without our insider knowledge.
Beyond just sightseeing, we aim for you to truly absorb the city’s quirky and welcoming atmosphere, going beyond the usual tourist spots. You’ll even receive a crash course in the Icelandic language, letting you walk like a Viking and talk like one.
Expect us to unveil our cherished dining, drinking, and exploring spots – including our coveted insights into happy hour deals.
The tour spans about 3 hours, taking you through a comfortable walk between destinations. The experience concludes with a delightful 1-hour lunch or dinner shared with your guide.
We’re flexible with your preferences: either we can pick you up from your Reykjavik city center hotel to start the private tour, or you can meet us at our designated meeting point at Ingólfur Square, where we’ve curated a route that’s tailored for this walk – the choice is yours.
- Private Local City Guide
- Private tour of Reykjavik
- 1 hour lunch or dinner at one of our favorite restaurants
- Secret locations in Reykjavik
- Our local tips and tricks
What to bring
- Dress according to weather.
- Wear layers.
Good to know
- This tour is wheelchair accessible, as well as stroller / pram accessible.
- Thera are public transportation nearby.
- Please be at Ingólfur Square at least 5 minutes before the starting time of the walking tour.
- No cancellation fee if booking is cancelled more than 24 hours before departure.
- This is a very easy walking tour that suits all ages.