- Helicopter Ride
- Reykjavík from above
- Stop on a mountain top near Reykjavík
- Mountain Views
- Geothermal areas
Experience Reykjavik’s vibrant cityscape and breathtaking mountain ranges, the perfect introduction to the world’s northernmost capital. As we take off smoothly from the airport, you’ll witness the city shrink beneath us with each turn of the helicopter’s wings.
The tour takes you to a nearby summit where you can capture a stunning panorama of the vast blue ocean that surrounds the city shore and catch a glimpse of the small islands scattered in the distance. As you turn around, the grandeur of the mountains behind you, with their crumbling beauty, might just take your breath away. The nickname “Smokey Bay” is well-deserved, as you’ll also see the steaming volcanic hillsides. From the top of the mountain, you’ll see quaint and colorful settlements sprawling out in the distance, extending far beyond the vast Arctic.
This sightseeing tour lasts between 40-45 minutes and includes a 15-20 minute guided helicopter flight and a 15-minute landing on a nearby mountain, depending on the helicopter type and weather. By the end of the tour, you’ll feel more acquainted with Iceland and its majestic landscape.
- Helicopter flight.
- 15 minute landing on a nearby mountain.
What to bring
- Good shoes
- Warm jacket
- Hat & gloves
Good to know
- It does not get cold in the helicopter – it is similar to sitting in a car. However, it can get cold and windy on an Icelandic mountain top.
- After submitting the booking we will inform you about the exact starting time for the tour.
- Please note that this tour is weather dependent and if the weather forecast is not looking promising at the time of your booked tour we always try to:
- A) Try to change the time on the same day (e.g. go in the afternoon instead of the morning).
- B) Offer you to go on a different date (e.g. they day before or the day after).
- C) If we are fully booked and can not offer options A and B we always give a full refund!