The Þórsmörk Hiking & Super Jeep Tour will take you on a highland adventure in Iceland!
Þórsmörk is one of the most beautiful locations in Iceland. The only reason why not every traveler visits Þórsmörk is because it is located in the Highlands of Iceland and very hard to reach. To reach Þórsmörk we will have to go on a Super Jeep tour and cross some rivers on the way. But that is also what makes Þórsmörk so special. In Þórsmörk you can see the untouched nature of Iceland at its best and see why Þórsmörk is so popular among locals as well as travelers. Þórsmörk is simply a special place with its own kind of feel to it. You will see why Þórsmörk has a spot in every Icelander’s heart.
This Hiking & Super Jeep tour to Þórsmörk is one of our most popular Highlands tours and for a good reason. The ride over various unbridged glacial rivers is one of the most adventurous you can find in Iceland. The Super Jeep will make sure that we do not get into trouble on the way. You will also have some great hiking options in one of the best hiking destinations of the world. On this tour we will explore the wonders of Þórsmörk while on an adventurous 4×4 Super Jeep tour.
You will have some great options for hiking on this tour and we will make a few stops to hike. The hike will be around 8 kilometers on this tour. The path will be uneven at times and the route will take you uphill and downhill. We will take a hike to magnificent views over Þórsmörk, Mýrdalsjökull glacier, and the highlands of Iceland. We will also hike to Gígjökull glacier where we can see the effects of the eruption that happened in Eyjafjallajokull in 2010. Breathe in the purifying glacial air and see the untouched nature of Iceland up close.
Every tour is catered to each person’s ability and if you don’t feel like hiking, you don’t have to. The guide will inform you with every stop that will be made and tell you some interesting stories about beautiful Þórsmörk.
- Light Lunch
- Super Jeep Ride to Þórsmörk
- Hiking in Þórsmörk
- Guided tour to Þórsmörk
What to bring
- Warm outdoor clothing
- Waterproof jacket and pants
- Head wear and gloves
- Hiking boots
- Some snacks – even though a light lunch is included
Good to know
There is a minimum ratio of 2 passengers on this tour.
- The duration of the tour is approximately 6 hours if you meet us on location. If you choose pick up the tour will be longer.
- The meeting point for this tour is at Brú Base Camp, road 249 in South Iceland. The Base Camp is located 5km after passing Seljalandsfoss waterfall. You will see the Super Jeeps immediately in front of the building.
- You can add a 1 hour snowmobiling tour on Eyjafjallajokull to this tour. The price is from ISK 26.900 and driver’s license is required to join the tour. Add the snowmobile trip when booking the tour.
- The age limit for the tour is 6 years. If you are joining the snowmobile ride, a child can sit at the back of the snowmobile with an older driver.
- This tour is marked as easy. That means that the tour is suitable for most people in fair condition. However, if you want to join the hikes you will have to walk on uneven surfaces. The trails are generally of good quality.
- It is possible to get a pick up from Hvolsvöllur, Hella, Selfoss, Vík and Reykjavik. Pick up starts at:
– Hella and Hvolsvöllur: 9.30 am
– Selfoss and Vík: 9 am
– Reykjavik: 8 am
- Add a pick up when booking the tour.