Iceland is indeed one of the most mesmerizing places that leave everyone speechless by its natural, raw, and untouched beauty. Iceland is home to the largest glaciers, waterfalls, black sand beaches, and geysers. But there is another side of Iceland too, especially for those who love navigating through the water to witness the marine life closely. Yes, you too can see Iceland’s marine life closely and that in a luxurious yacht. Isn’t that a great idea? You can not miss out on this luxurious whale watching tour that will give you once in a lifetime experience. So, let’s find more about this luxurious whale watching tour.
If you are someone who loves to explore marine life, then this tour is perfect for you. Not only whale watching, but you can also benefit from the luxurious yacht that is going to take you for the tour and that too with few people. It won’t be crowded, unlike most other whale watching tours in Iceland. Few passengers and personal service will be taken care of by the staff members. The tour is a small group tour that will commence from Reykjavik in a well-maintained and luxurious yacht, which is spacious enough for the small group.
The whole luxurious whale watching tour will take approximately 2.5 to 3 hours and will make you experience life away from the city of Reykjavik, hear to the calmness of the sea while enjoying the luxuries of traveling on a yacht. In this tour, you might witness humpback whales, Minke whales, dolphins, harbor porpoises. If you are traveling from May to August, which is a Puffin season in Iceland, then, you will love watching the Puffins as well. We will sail pass the puffins island where hundreds of puffins nest each summer. You will see them flying everywhere around you. During the tour, you will witness mountain Esja along the beautiful coastline as well. So, make the most of this luxurious yacht whale watching tour and witness the whales, dolphins and puffins in this tour.
- English speaking professional Whale Watching guide
- Transport by comfortable yacht
- Heated indoor cabins with toilet facilities
- Boat tour from Reykjavík
- Warm blankets
- Free WiFi on board
- Complimentary tickets to try again in case no whales are spotted on your tour
What to bring
- Warm clothing
Good to know
- This is a small group tour on a luxury yacht.
- The group size is maximum 35 passenger.
- It is necessary to book this tour in advance.
- Pick up from hotels in Reykjavik is available 45 minutes before departure.
- Boats on this tours are Harpa – 70 feet long yacht and Amelica Ros – 108 feet long yacht.
- All whale watching tours are subject to weather conditions and sightings cannot be guaranteed. We reserve the right to cancel the tour due to bad weather conditions.
- If there are no sightings on the tour use tour ticket to join us on the next available day.
- It is possible to book a pick up for the tour for extra price. You can book the pick up in the booking process.
- This tour is accessible for those with limited mobility and for those with limited eye sight.
- During summer time we will also go and see the puffins at the puffin islands.
The meeting point for the tour is at Reykjavik Old Harbor.
Address: Ægisgarður, 101 Reykjavik
You should schedule to be at our departure point at least 15 minutes before scheduled departure.
You can book pick up from your hotel in Reykjavik for this tour. You can book the pick up in the booking process.
The price for the pick up is ISK 4.000
Pick up will start 45 minutes before the tour departure.
If the tour gets cancelled due to weather you can choose between rescheduling the tour for another departure or receiving a full refund.
Free cancellation up to 1 day before the tour. If you cancel within 1 day notice, a 100% fee will be charged.
However, we always ask you to cancel the tour as soon as possible so we can adjust the schedule for the day depending on how many people will be joining the tour.
On this tour we offer free coffee, tea & hot chocolate.
We have almost 100% sightings on this tour. However, if you don’t see whales on the tour you can reschedule the tour free of charge for the next available day.
Yes, and you definitely should! The setting on the tour is full of amazing, scenic views.
This is, of course, a personal choice, we have often had pregnant women on our trips. This tour is listed as easy so if you do not feel uncomfortable on a boat, this tour should be ideal for you.
If you are unfortunate enough to miss out on them on our tour, we offer you to rebook the tour free of charge on another day of your trip.
In this tour you will be traveling on:
– Harpa Yacht: 70 feet long yacht
-Amelia Rose: 108 feet long yacht