Conveniently located in western Iceland in Búðir, Hotel Búðir is the ultimate choice for accommodation if you are traveling in west Iceland, especially the Snæfellsnes Peninsula. Finding the hotel is extremely easy as it is one of the only two buildings in this settlement, the other one being The Black Church of Búðir. Just 2.5 hours long drive from the capital city of Reykjavik, Hotel Búðir is established in one of the most beautiful locations in Iceland. It is widely known in Iceland for its world-class restaurant and, has been awarded many times with awards like Travel Hospitality Award of Luxury Hotel of the Year (2019) in Iceland. With exceptional Icelandic gourmet cuisine, luxury hotel amenities, and leisurely lounge and bar, Hotel Búðir is the definition of luxury stay in Iceland.
About the Accommodation and the Amenities
There is a long list of amenities that are provided by Hotel Búðir – exclusive and catered to everyone’s individual needs. There is a total of 28 rooms in the hotel which include suites, deluxe rooms, twin rooms and queen rooms wich have different levels of occupancy and services. Each room offers a gorgeous view of Snaefellsjökull glacier and long stretched lava fields.
- Loft or Queen Rooms: Include queen-size bed, attached bathroom with shower, and can be booked as single- or double-bedroom sets.
- Standard Rooms or Twin Rooms: Available with an option for twin beds or one king-size bed. The rooms are very spacious and are located on the first and second floor of the hotel offering an exceptional view of at least one landscape from the surroundings which can include the glacier, the mountains, the beach, or the Black Church.
- Deluxe Rooms: Furnished with luxury furniture, the deluxe rooms can be booked as single- or double-bedroom sets. The deluxe rooms are available with both queen and king size beds and offer the same breath-taking view of the landscapes from around.
- The Master Suite: The suite has two connected rooms, one bedroom with personal bathroom, and a fully-furnished living room. The suite also has a great view of the surrounding lava field, the Black Church, and the glacier.
- Common Amenities: All 28 rooms are equipped with TV, WIFI, DVD-player, phone, and a hairdryer.
Exclusive Facilities for Physically Challenged Guests
- Wheelchair level viewport
- Closed-fist operable, lever-entry doors with over 32 inches wide opening to allow wheelchair access
- A space of over 32 inches on either side of the bed to dock wheelchair
- Long-distance accessible curtain pulls, conveniently placed switches and lamps for easy operation
- Grab bars in the bathroom – beside and behind the toilet as well as on adjacent walls of tub and shower – for support
- Hand-held shower
- Telephone amplifier, visual fire alarms and portable induction loops for the hard of hearing
- Text telephone in the guest room and closed caption TV on request
The restaurant unit of the Hotel holds specialty in fish dishes, lamb dishes as well as desserts. The menu is prepared according to the seasonal ingredients available in the nearby local markets of Stykkisholmur, Olafsvik, and Borgarnes to keep the grocery section fresh and variated.
The dining room of the restaurant has a beautiful backdrop of the glacier – perfect for a soothing, romantic evening after a long day of sightseeing. The bar section overlooks the beach and the mountains on the other side where you can enjoy hand-picked wines from the in-house sommeliers of the hotel and the largest selection of whiskey in all of Iceland. Drinks from all over the world are available in the bar including spirits as well.
Things to do in The Area
There are several western Icelandic attractions accessible from Hotel Búðir that can be reached within a maximum time range of 30 to 35 minutes. The Black Church of Búðir is at a walking distance of 3 minutes only while the places like Rauðfeldsgjá Canyon and Arnarstapi are about a 20-minute drive away from the accommodation. Other nearby locations include Vatnshellir lava cave and Snæfellsjökull glacier.
If you are interested in exploring the whole peninsula, you can take a look at our article about the Best Places to visit on Snæfellsnes Peninsula.
The fabulous living arrangements, nationally popular cuisine, and dedicated customer service is our favorite at Hotel Búðir. The beautiful views from each room are an add-on to the experience. The great location of the hotel in the Snæfellsnes Peninsula and easy accessibility to the popular attractions of western Iceland proves to be very convenient for the daily trip programs. Everything including the bar, lounges, bedrooms and the restaurant is exceptional in terms of both luxury and comfort.