About Tour - Horse Riding & Puffins
Indulge in a day with Iceland’s enchanting beings, commencing with morning horse riding and afternoon puffin watching, perhaps encountering elves along the way. In Iceland, elves play a crucial role in determining landscapes, influencing roads and dwellings. The ride explores elf-inhabited sites like Alfakví cleft and an irremovable sheep’s house, hinting at consequences. Immerse in the unique tölt gait experience on scenic paths. After a light lunch at the Horse farm, journey to Reykjavik for a harbor stroll. Board a specially designed oak boat for an hour-long puffin-watching adventure to Puffin Island. Learn about these charismatic birds, accompanied by romantic tales and entertaining facts.
This tour is suitable for all riding levels, riders share experiences from beginners to advanced. Specify riding experience during booking to match the right horse. Tölt is emphasized for its unique experience, while galloping is avoided for safety.
- 1,5 – 2 hours horse riding
- Light lunch – soup & bread
- Riding & safety equipment
- Professional English Speaking horse riding guide
- Puffin Boat Tour
- Free pick up from Reykjavik
What to bring
- Warm & Waterproof clothes.
- Comfortable pants
- Good shoes
Good to know
- Dress according to weather.
- You do not have to bring riding pants on the tour.
- Lunch at the horse farm is included in the tour. Please let us know if there are any dietary needs like if there are allergies or vegetarians.
- If you bring a camera, please bring a small waist bag as backpacks cannot be taken on horseback.
- The weight limit for riders is 120 kg.
- Pick up is available from Reykjavik at 8.00 – 8.30.
- Pick up is available from Hafnarfjörður, Mosfellsbær, Kópavogur & Seltjarnarnes from 7.45.
- Return to Reykjavik is around 15.30
- You will be spending 1,5 – 2 hours on the horse.
- The puffin boat tour is around 1 hour.
- This tour is ideal for single travelers, groups & families.
- No horse riding experience is required for this tour.
You might find interesting...
Self Driving Activities
Most frequent questions and answers
Hotel pick-up in Reykjavík at 08:00 (- 08:30). The pick up in Hafnarfjörður, Mosfellsbær, Kópavogur and Seltjarnanres starts at 7:45.
The tour ends at Reykjavik old harbor around 15.30.
You will be on the horse for 1,5 – 2 hours.
The puffin watching tour is around 1 hour.
You will be going on a boat tour to the puffin island.
The tour has a 100% sightings of the puffins.
If the tour gets cancelled due to weather you can choose between rescheduling the tour for another departure or receiving a full refund.
We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 1 day or less before event.
Yes, and you definitely should! The setting on the tour is full of amazing, scenic views.
Note that you have to bring a small waist bag to carry the camera as backpacks cannot be taken on horseback.
We do not recommend horse riding tours for pregnant women.
This tour is ideal to experience Tölt.