Private tour to explore the top Attractions of the Golden Circle – top it with a private snowmobile tour on Langjokull Glacier.
On this private tour that is operated in a Super Truck, you will be taken to the best attractions of the Golden Circle as well as snowmobiling on a glacier.
Thingvellir National Park
A Golden Circle & Snowmobile private tour combines this scenic route with the excitement of riding a snowmobile on the second largest glacier in Iceland – Langjokull. On this tour, travelers will first get a private guided tour of the Golden Circle and visit the historic site of Thingvellir, where Iceland’s first parliament was founded in the 10th century. Þingvellir is also an UNESCO world heritage site.
Geysir geothermal area
After exploring Thingvellir National Park, we will visit the hot spring area Geysir where they will see the famous geyser Strokkur that erupts every 10 minutes. Geysir has given its name to spouting hot springs all over the world. You will find many geothermal features including fumaroles, mud pools and other smaller geysers as well as the large but dormant Geysir.
The Golden Circle & Snowmobile private tour offers a thrilling journey to one of Iceland’s most renowned natural wonders, Gullfoss waterfall. The waterfall, also known as the “Golden waterfall,” is fed by meltwater from the Langjökull glacier and thunders down the Hvítá river with dramatic curves that add to its powerful display.
Before embarking on the snowmobiling portion of the tour, visitors can stop for a bite to eat at the Gullfoss café.
Snowmobile on Langjokull Glacier
After exploring the top attractions of the Golden Circle, the tour moves on to the snowmobiling adventure on the glacier, where participants can ride on the snowmobiles along the beautiful landscape of the glacier and see the incredible ice formations up close.
You will be traveling on the Super Truck on the mountain road Kjölur, up to the snowmobiling site on Langjökull, the country’s second-largest glacier.
You’ll have the opportunity to ride on snowmobiles and explore the glacier’s spectacular ice formations while your tour guide provide insightful information about the history and geology of the area and make sure the tour is safe and enjoyable for everyone.
- Pick up and drop off in Reykjavik or the capital area.
- Private tour to the Golden Circle in a Super Truck.
- English speaking private guide.
- Snowmobile tour with all necessary gear.
What to bring
- Dress according to weather
- Waterproof outdoor clothing
- Warm clothes
- Suitable footwear
- Warm socks
- Gloves & Headwear
- Camera (optional)
Good to know
- Food is not included in the tour. We will stop where you can buy meals during the tour.
- This tour includes a pick up from Reykjavik. You can see the designated pick up locations in the drop down menu when booking.
- Pick up is from designated locations in Reykjavík on a drop-down menu at the time of booking. Pick up is not available from Keflavik airport or outside of the greater capital area.
- In the rare case that we need to cancel the tour because of extreme weather, road conditions or other factors, we will assist you with rebooking to another date. If that does not work out for you, you will receive a full refund for the tour.
- Please note that a valid drivers license is required to operate a snowmobile.
- Standard price includes a snowmobile ride sharing a two-person snowmobile.
- The price of the tour is per group.
- The duration of the tour is around 8-10 hours and depends on the weather and road conditions.
- Pick up for the tour is from 8.30 – 9.00.