You can choose
Private group: 1-4 people
Larger groups – additional cost per person
ISK 90,000 per group
$ 648 / €615 / £533
Discover the best of Iceland on our Private Golden Circle Tour. This journey takes you through stunning natural beauty, from mountains to the ocean. You’ll see glacial rivers, beautiful landscapes, waterfalls, geothermal areas, and wild Icelandic scenery.
- Local English speaking private driver/ guide
- Private vehicle
- Free pickup/drop-off at the select Hotels or BUS STOPS # in Reykjavik
- All Entry/Admission fees to attractions
- A lot of FUN
- Child seats or boosters are available for free on request if advised at time of booking.
What to bring
Good to know
- The price that will show up in the booking engine is per vehicle / group.
- Lunch is not included in the tour, but we will stop at a restaurant where you can purchase lunch.
- You can choose departure time fort the tour in the booking engine.
- Pick up from airport available
- You can add activities to your tour at extra cost – see booking engine. Please note we have to adjust timings to the daylight and we always try to avoid big crowds. We recommend you bring hiking boots with slip-resistant soles if you are visiting in the winter.
Our adventure starts by driving through the mountains that separate Reykjavik from the south. You’ll be treated to breathtaking views of lava fields, distant peaks, and geothermal plants releasing steam.
Our first stop is Hveragerði, where you can enjoy coffee and Icelandic sweets at a local bakery. In the same building, you can experience a simulation of the 2008 earthquake in the south at the Earthquake Museum.
Geysir geothermal area
At Geysir geothermal area, you’ll witness hot water erupting into the air, reaching heights of about 20 meters. The whole area is filled with steam from the geothermal activity.
Gullfoss, our next stop, is a mesmerizing waterfall with many cascades dropping into a canyon. If the weather cooperates, you might even see rainbows. It’s also a great place for lunch and shopping, and we recommend trying the traditional Icelandic soup.
Þingvellir National Park
Our final destination is Þingvellir, the oldest working parliament in the world. You can explore the historic battlegrounds where Vikings once fought and walk between two tectonic plates, the European and the American, creating a unique canyon.
Arrive back in Reykjavik
After the tour, we’ll return to Reykjavik, approximately a 60-minute drive, and drop you off at your hotel or a bus stop.
This tour is entirely private, just for your group, and our knowledgeable driver/guide is at your service. We can customize the tour within the estimated time for free. If you want to extend it, additional costs will apply. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to plan your personalized tour!