On this Tour we will:
- Admire Hallgrimskirkja Church.
- Look at the magnificent architecture of Harpa Concert Hall.
- Explore the birdlife at Reykjavik Pond.
- See the Reykjavik City Council house and the Parliament house.
- Peek down at the first Viking house in Iceland.
- Visit an Elf home and talk about the Elves of Iceland.
- See the oldest house in Reykjavik City Center.
- See the one and only Icelandic Hot Dog stand and get to know its history.
- Walk down to Reykjavik Harbor.
- Walk by Arnarhóll hill. This is where Icelanders come together to celebrate on big occasions.
- Stoll up the main shopping street of Iceland – Laugavegur.
- Visit the oldest graveyard in Iceland.
- Visit Austurvöllur where Icelanders come together when the sun shines.
Taking a guided walking tour is a good opportunity to enhance your knowledge about a particular area and helps you plan your trip better. We recommend that you join a Reykjavik walking tour on the first day of your trip to get to know the area a bit better.
The guide on the walking tour has in-depth knowledge about the city of Reykjavik and will guide you around and tell you some interesting stories about the capital city of Iceland. This family friendly tour will bring the history of Iceland to life with exciting stories and Icelandic mythology.
The tour will give you the opportunity to explore the rich Icelandic heritage, its vibrant culture, and natural beauty while gathering a bounty of information from your guide.
A city walking tour in Reykjavik is the best way to explore the key sightseeing spots, discover the hidden secrets, make new friends, get to know about the local street foods, and much more. Our walk with a Viking tour is a family-friendly tour that reveals the history of Iceland along with the exciting stories narrated by your guide. This tour is operated in small groups, maximum 12 persons per tour. The tour is stroller and wheelchair friendly.
Your walking tour guide will meet you at Ingólfstorg (Ingolfur Square). You need to reach the spot 5 minutes before the starting time. This tour will introduce you to the city of Reykjavik and help you make the most of your stay in Iceland. Your expert city guide will provide live tour commentary in English narrating the history of the area and Icelandic mythology as you slowly walk by. We have even included a small lesson on the Icelandic language so while enjoying your tour with a Viking tour guide you also get to talk a little in the local language. This 2-hour walk is for people of all ages and we will cover around 4km. Since it is an outdoor tour and Iceland’s weather is very unpredictable, you need to dress according to the weather.
On this Reykjavik Walking tour you will get to discover some of the top attractions in the city, such as HArpa Concert Hall, Reykjavik Harbour, Hallgrimskirkja Church, Reykjavik Pond and the Parliament building. We will even teach you how to pronounce Hallgrimskirkja.
We will also share some hidden, local spots with you that our local friends like to visit. This includes a visit to an Elf home and some other locations that you would probably miss if you didn’t know what to look for.
We really want you to feel the unique and friendly atmosphere of our small city. Not just the popular tourist attractions, but also some of our favorite locations as locals. We will also have a small lesson on the Icelandic language so you will not only be walking like a Viking after the tour, you will also talk like one.
In the end we will share with you our favorite places to eat and drink, and tell you about some happy hours and offers that we know about.
- Local City Guide
- Tour of Reykjavik
- Secret locations in Reykjavik
- Our local tips and tricks
What to bring
- Dress according to weather.
- Wear layers.
Good to know
- This tour is wheelchair accessible, as well as stroller / pram accessible.
- Thera are public transportation nearby.
- Please be at Ingólfur Square at least 5 minutes before the starting time of the walking tour.
- No cancellation fee if booking is cancelled more than 24 hours before departure.
- This is a very easy walking tour that suits all ages.