- Helicopter Ride
- Reykjavík from above
- Hengill Geothermal Area
- Geothermal areas
- Mountain Views
- Hellisheiði Plateau
- Nesjavallavirkjun Power Station
- Hellisheiðavirkjun Power Station
- Bláfjöll Mountain Range
- Kristnitökuhraun Lava Fields & Craters
Experience the raw, untamed beauty of Iceland’s most active volcanic areas on our exclusive sightseeing tour. Flying over the Hellisheiði plateau, you’ll be amazed by the breathtaking views of moss-covered lava fields, colorful basalt mountains, and steaming hot springs. You’ll also get to witness the geothermal power plants that supply Reykjavik with its renewable energy.
But that’s not all – we take you off the beaten track to witness the raw energy of the region up close. You’ll land in the Hengill geothermal area, named after the Hengill volcano, where you can experience untouched Icelandic nature. Here, you’ll witness hot springs, boiling mud pots, and maybe even some sheep wandering around the valley in the summer. This is not a regular tourist site, so there are no safety ropes – just nature in its purest form. No matter the season or time of year, this area always offers magical, colorful, and beautiful views.
As we make our way back, we’ll fly over Reykjavik, giving you a unique aerial view of Iceland’s capital. Throughout the tour, you’ll see sights like the Nesjavallavirkjun and Hellisheiðarvirkjun power plants, the Bláfjöll mountain range, and the Kristnitökuhraun lava field and craters.
The tour lasts 50-60 minutes and includes a 25-35 minute guided helicopter flight and a 15-minute landing in a remote geothermal area on an old volcano. The duration may vary depending on the helicopter type and weather conditions. Join us for an unforgettable adventure in one of Iceland’s most stunning regions!
- Helicopter flight.
- 15 minute landing by a remote geothermal area on an old volcano.
What to bring
- Good shoes
- Warm jacket
- Hat & gloves
Good to know
- It does not get cold in the helicopter – it is similar to sitting in a car. However, it can get cold and windy on an Icelandic mountain top.
- After submitting the booking we will inform you about the exact starting time for the tour.
- Please note that this tour is weather dependent and if the weather forecast is not looking promising at the time of your booked tour we always try to:
- A) Try to change the time on the same day (e.g. go in the afternoon instead of the morning).
- B) Offer you to go on a different date (e.g. they day before or the day after).
- C) If we are fully booked and can not offer options A and B we always give a full refund!