A tour of the legendary route of Iceland – the Golden Circle, this exciting trip will have you witness the beauty of Iceland’s most famous and one of the most traveled routes. On this all-in-one tour, you will get to see geysers, hot springs, waterfalls, lava canyons, and whatnot. This will be a traditional old-fashioned tour where you will travel with other tourists, get to see new sights, mingle and make merry although the mode of transportation will be fully-equipped with modern facilities and comforts. So, get ready for a tour that will make a permanent space in your itinerary of the tours you have taken ever.
About the Tour
The tour will depart from Reykjavik Terminal located in Skógarhlíð 10 and you will be traveling in a bus. You will have an automated tour guide installed on the bus which has 10 different languages installed to inform you about the area you will be driving through. Customized pick-ups from your accommodation can also be arranged.
Your first stop will be at Þingvellir National Park – a UNESCO world heritage site. It not only has incredibly beautiful natural sights but, it is also very popular for being the birthplace of the first and the oldest – still erect – parliament in the world.
Geyser Hot Spring is the place you will make your next stop at. This collection of over a hundred hot springs in a single place is every bit mind blowing and unreal as it sounds. Standing there you would witness trembling ground tearing up and waves of boiling water shooting out in the sky. Strokkur is the most famous active geyser and sprouts water up in the air every 5 minutes.
Gullfoss waterfall will be the last of the three main attractions on the Golden Circle tour. This picturesque beauty is all that you need to shed the fatigue away and spend some time in serenity. This beautiful 2-level waterfall is a sight to behold and a sight to capture in your cameras for good.
About the Destinations
- Þingvellir National Park: This beautiful UNESCO site has not only geographical and natural significance for Iceland but also a historical significance. It contains the world’s oldest erect parliament which still holds law and order sessions. The park is located on a rift between the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates which is reported to have been increasing lately. The exclusive location, the beautiful stone remains, and the green natural beauty of this historically significant place makes it one of the top 3 attractions of Golden Circle.
- Geysir Geothermal Area: This out-of-the-world place is different than anything else you must have ever seen in your life. Filled with about 100 different hot springs, Geysir Geothermal Area also has two geysers named Geysir and While Geysir has been dormant for a while now, Strokkur shoots water 40 meters into the sky every 5 minutes. It is one of the most amazing things to witness in person.
- Gullfoss Waterfall: One of the top-visited attractions of Iceland, Gullfoss is a very wide waterfall that is divided into two drops. The landscape is completely different from what one would expect to find at a waterfall. When you stand in the viewing area, you will see roaring, crashing waters cascading down two slopes and dropping into the abyss downwards – the contrasting beauty.
Each destination will be worth every second of this 7.5 hour-long tour. You will be accompanied by a learned tour guide who will take care of your safety and keep you up-to-date with some very interesting facts about these peculiar sites of one of the most eccentric countries out there.
In-bus audio guide with a choice of 10 languages
Professional Local Guide
Sightseeing and admission to the sights
Wi-Fi & USB-charger for ever seat
What to bring
Good outdoor shoes
Warm & waterproof clothes
Gloves & Hat
Good to know
- This tour has in bus audio guide with a choice of 10 languages – English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Finnish.
- This tour is operated in a coach that holds approximately 40-65 people. The coach is very spacious and comfortable. It is featured with lavatory facilities as standard. The bus offers free Wi-Fi and USB charging ports.
- Lunch is not included in the tour. There are stops in Geysir & Gullfoss where you can buy food and drinks.
- This tour is only available with a pick up from Reykjavik.
- You can bring snacks and beverages on the tour if you like.
Interesting locations in the area
Self Driving Activities
Restaurants & hotels
Most frequent questions and answers
For tours that state that they pick up from Reykjavík, we ask all our customers to send their pick up location at least 24 hours prior to the departure of their tour. We cannot be responsible if you do not provide your pick up location, we won’t be responsible if you miss your tour.
Please be at your chosen pickup location 30 minutes before the departure of the tour. Look for the Green Smartbus™ which will be outside your accommodation at within the 30 minutes of pickup.
Due to regulations of Reykjavik City, tour companies are allowed to stop at certain designated bus stop locations in the city centre to pick up passengers. It is stated on your voucher whether we will pick you up directly from your accommodation or from the bus stop.
Find the closest designated pick up location using the map below:
Please show up at Reykjavik Terminal – Skógarhlíð 10, 15 minutes prior to the departure time.
The tours stops a minimum 45 minutes at Geysir Hot Springs, Gullfoss Waterfall and Þingvellir National Park.
You will receive a full refund if the tour gets cancelled due to weather.
There are stops in Geysir & Gullfoss where you can buy food and drinks.
Yes, you can bring your own food and drinks on the tour.