Embark on an unforgettable adventure with our Fjallabak Super Jeep Tour, designed for those seeking to explore Iceland’s remote volcanic wilderness. This tour takes you through the beautiful Fjallabak Nature Reserve, an area that many Icelanders consider to be one of the country’s greatest treasures. With a diverse color palette, spectacular landforms, and a unique ecosystem, Fjallabak promises a mesmerizing experience.
The Fjallabak Super Jeep Tour promises an exciting adventure through Iceland’s stunning highlands. During the tour, we’ll take you to some of the country’s most iconic sites, including Mt. Maelifell. This magnificent mountain is easily recognizable by its almost perfect conical shape covered in bright green moss, situated in the black ash desert of Mælifellssandur. We’ll also visit the beautiful Rauðibotn crater, featuring a small emerald green lake surrounded by red rocks. The stunning Álftavatn lake, known for its birdlife, and Hvanngil valley, Mt. Hattfell and Mt. Laufafell are equally impressive. We’ll also explore Markafljótsgljúfur’s magnificent technicolor glacial river canyon, where waterfalls and stratified lava/ash layer walls abound. Torfahlaup is a beautiful spot at the beginning of the canyon. Other iconic mountains that we’ll encounter include Mt. Hekla, one of Iceland’s most active volcanoes with over 20 eruptions since 874, and Mt. Einhyrningur, resembling a sleeping unicorn with a horn jutting out, situated between Tindfjöll Glacier and Markarfljót river. Additionally, we’ll visit Landmannalaugar, a geothermal oasis with breathtaking sites such as Hnausapollur crater lake, Rauðaskál crater, Dyngjuleið and Dómadalur.
Please note that due to the abundance of sites, it’s not possible to see everything in one day, and routes may vary depending on weather conditions. If you’re interested in visiting Landmannalaugar specifically, we offer a Landmannalaugar Day Tour. Our main priority is to ensure that you have an unforgettable experience and make the most out of your trip.
- Super Jeep Tour
- Professional Highland Guide
- Fresh packed lunch box
- Private tour – please contact us for information
What to bring
- Comfortable clothing
- Hiking shoes
- Warm clothes
Good to know
- There is a minimum of 2 participants fore this tour. If you want to book this tour but you don’t reach the minimum you can always send us an email and we will try our best to make the tour happen.
- There is a maximum of 14 people for this tour.
- This tour is operated in a Super Jeep.
- The duration of the tour is 8-9 hours.
- This tour is operated during the summer season (mid June to October). We do not operate this tour before June 20th because of massive snow melting and overflowing of glacial rivers in the highlands.
- Please arrive a the meeting point no later than 15 minutes before departure. See meeting point here.
- Cancellations with more than 72 hrs notice before departure of the trip will be fully refunded excluding a transaction & service fee of 7%.