Iceland is a magnet to adventure enthusiasts, nature lovers, travel enthusiasts, photographers, hikers, and globetrotters. Now, amidst all the beautiful places in Iceland, just imagine having a walk across the volcanic craters, geothermal hot streams, and lava fields. Yes, exploring such a beautiful place needs complete time and nothing is better than going on a private tour to Reykjanes Peninsula. This place seems magnificent and needs you to spare a few hours to spend time exploring it.
Private Tour to the Spectacular Reykjanes Peninsula
The landscape is sure to leave you stunned and will make you spend your entire day exploring this magnificent place. Reykjanes Peninsula is a region in southwest Iceland. When you arrive to Iceland, the first thing you you will see is the lava fields that are all over Reykjanes. The International Airport is located on the peninsula. Reykjanes Peninsula is located between the two continents, a drift zone, which is the North American and the Eurasian plate. The tour to this place will make you visit massive volcanic craters, stunning geothermal pools, and lava fields.
The private tour will start from the main capital city Reykjavik followed by visiting Grindavik, which is one of Iceland’s fishing villages. There, you can also visit the Saltfisksetrid” Museum, which is optional. Now, from there we will go along the southern Reykjanes peninsula to the west; your next stop will be Gunnuhver hot spring where you will see one of the most active geothermal area in Iceland. Now, moving on to the next destination, we will visit the country’s oldest lighthouse – Reykjanesviti. The surrounding area of Reykjanesviti is beautiful and often forgotten by visitors. It is usually called Reykjanestá. Here you will see the most beautiful sight to behold and the spectacular birdlife all around you. If you are fortunate enough, you will see the small island of Eldey. Now, moving on to the next destination, we will reach “The Bridge Between Continents”; and see where the Eurasian and North American Plates. Here you can walk between the continents, something that you can not do anywhere else in the world. Next destination, we will head over to Garður, the famous lighthouse and you can go to the museum if you wish. After visiting Garður, there is an option to visiti the Viking World Museum where you can see the Icelandic Viking Ship. Finally, after a full day of exploring, you can go and relax in the world famous Blue Lagoon. Just note that the Blue Lagoon is not included in the tour but you can add it as an extra in the booking engine. You can choose between 30, 60 and 90 minutes extra stopover at the Blue Lagoon.
On the way around Reykjanes Peninsula you will see lava fields and volcanic craters all over. The landscape from volcanic activities are all over the place. We highly recommend that you spare a few hours for the Reykjanes Peninsula Private Tour. The complete tour will take approximately 5 hours to cover these destinations. Make the most of this private tour and explore the Reykjanes peninsula.
Pick up & drop off in Reykjavik or the capital area.
Private Local Guide that knows Reykjanes Peninsula in and out
4G Internet WiFi on the vehicle.
Premium Icelandic Glacial Water Bottles.
Food & beverages
Stopover at the Blue Lagoon – you can add it to your trip in the booking engine.
Viking World Museum
What to bring
Dress according to weather
Gloves & Headwear
Swimming gear (for Blue Lagoon)
Good to know
- You can choose a vehicle for your private tour in the booking engine. We have vehicles for up to 16 people.
- The price that will show up in the booking engine is per vehicle / group.
- We recommend that you dress according to the weather of the day for this tour.
- If there are any locations that are on your must visit list, we recommend that you send it to your private guide before the tour. Your private guide will be in contact with you with the schedule for the tour.
- This tour is perfect for groups. We have cars for up to 16 people.
- This tour is perfect if you are on a stopover in Iceland.
- This tour is perfect if you are on a cruise excursion with a stopover in Reykjavik.
- The Blue Lagoon is not included in this tour. If you would like to stop at the Blue Lagoon, you can add a stopover in the booking process. Note that you will also have to book tickets to the Blue Lagoon on their website.
Most frequent questions and answers
You can choose a pick up in Reykjavik or the capital area.
When booking the tour, you can choose your vehicle.
– Scoda Superb Limo; 1-3 persons
– VW Caravelle Executive; 4-7 persons
– Mercedes Benz E-Class; 1-3 persons
– Mercedes Benz V-Class; 1-5 persons
– Mercedes Benz Sprinter; 6-11 persons
– Mercedes Benz Sprinter; 12-16 persons
– Mercedes Benz S-Class; 1-2 persons
You will receive a full refund if the tour gets cancelled due to weather.
– We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 7 days or less before event
– We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 14 days or less before event
– We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 30 days or less before event
Yes, and you definitely should! The setting on the tour is full of amazing, scenic views.
The Blue Lagoon is not included in this tour. If you would like to stop at the Blue Lagoon, you can add a stopover in the booking process. Note that you will also have to book tickets to the Blue Lagoon on their website.
You can choose between 30, 60 and 90 minutes stopover at the Blue Lagoon.
Do you have a question?
We would love to hear from you
You might find interesting...
Restaurants & hotels