Explore the Stunning Reykjanes Peninsula on Your Own Private Tour
Experience the breathtaking beauty of the Reykjanes Peninsula on this private tour that promises an entire day of awe-inspiring exploration. Located in southwest Iceland, the Reykjanes Peninsula boasts a captivating landscape that will leave you amazed.
The adventure begins in Reykjavik, the capital city, and leads you to Grindavik, an enchanting fishing village. You can even choose to visit the optional “Saltfisksetrid” Museum. As you venture along the southern Reykjanes Peninsula, you’ll encounter the Gunnuhver hot spring, a highly active geothermal area. The journey continues to Reykjanesviti, the oldest lighthouse in Iceland, surrounded by remarkable scenery and abundant birdlife.
Witness the unique “Bridge Between Continents,” where the Eurasian and North American Plates meet. Walk between these two continents, an experience you won’t find anywhere else in the world. Your tour proceeds to Garður, home to the renowned lighthouse and the optional Viking World Museum, showcasing an Icelandic Viking Ship.
As your day of exploration concludes, consider indulging in relaxation at the famous Blue Lagoon, a world-renowned attraction. Please note that the Blue Lagoon is not included in the tour but can be added as an extra in the booking process, with options for 30, 60, or 90 minutes of extra stopover time.
Throughout the tour, you’ll be surrounded by lava fields and volcanic craters, showcasing the enduring impact of volcanic activities on the landscape. We highly recommend dedicating a few hours to this private tour of the Reykjanes Peninsula. The entire journey spans approximately 5 hours, allowing you to fully embrace the wonders of this extraordinary region. Make the most of your time and uncover the beauty of the Reykjanes peninsula on this private tour.
- Private guide and private vehicle
- Drop off at airport or in Reykjavik
- You can tell us if you have any special requests
- Local guide that will answer your questions on the tour
- We are ready to change your itinerary upon requests by guests
- Photograph instructions for your group
- Blue Lagoon tickets – add to your booking in when booking the tour
- Pick up at Keflavik Airport
What to bring
- Warm clothes
- Waterproof clothes
- Hiking shoes
Good to know
- You can choose a vehicle for your private tour in the booking engine. We have vehicles for up to 16 people.
- The price that will show up in the booking engine is per vehicle / group.
- It is possible to get a pick up at airport for extra price (see booking engine)
- Food it not included on the tour. We will make stops where you can purchase meals and food.
- We recommend that you dress according to the weather of the day for this tour.
- If there are any locations that are on your must visit list, we recommend that you send it to your private guide before the tour. Your private guide will be in contact with you with the schedule for the tour.
- This tour is perfect for groups. We have cars for up to 16 people.
- This tour is perfect if you are on a stopover in Iceland.
- This tour is perfect if you are on a cruise excursion with a stopover in Reykjavik.
Most frequent questions and answers
You can choose a pick up in Reykjavik or the capital area.
When booking the tour, you can choose your vehicle.
– Scoda Superb Limo; 1-3 persons
– VW Caravelle Executive; 4-7 persons
– Mercedes Benz E-Class; 1-3 persons
– Mercedes Benz V-Class; 1-5 persons
– Mercedes Benz Sprinter; 6-11 persons
– Mercedes Benz Sprinter; 12-16 persons
– Mercedes Benz S-Class; 1-2 persons
You will receive a full refund if the tour gets cancelled due to weather.
– We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 7 days or less before event
– We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 14 days or less before event
– We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 30 days or less before event
Yes, and you definitely should! The setting on the tour is full of amazing, scenic views.
The Blue Lagoon is not included in this tour. If you would like to stop at the Blue Lagoon, you can add a stopover in the booking process. Note that you will also have to book tickets to the Blue Lagoon on their website.
You can choose between 30, 60 and 90 minutes stopover at the Blue Lagoon.
Do you have a question?
We would love to hear from you
You might find interesting...
Restaurants & hotels