Experience the Thrill of a South Coast and Snowmobile Tour in Iceland!
Experience the thrill of a snowmobile ride to the Mýrdalsjökull glacier, home to the active subglacial volcano, Katla. Take in the stunning scenery of glaciers to the north and black sand beaches to the south as you race across the snowy terrain. The tour offers a unique and breath-taking adventure on a grand scale.
Experience the natural beauty of Iceland on the return trip to Reykjavik, with stops at the picturesque Skógafoss waterfall and the renowned Seljalandsfoss waterfall. Take a short hike up steps for a panoramic view of Skógafoss and explore the hidden pathway behind Seljalandsfoss. Discover the local myths and legends surrounding the waterfalls and marvel at the 60-meter height of Seljalandsfoss.
Experience the thrill and adventure of Iceland with our popular snowmobile tour. See some of the country’s most iconic natural treasures while enjoying a fun, scenic and challenging ride on a snowmobile. Our tour is perfect for those looking to step off the beaten track and explore Iceland’s glorious wilderness. We provide all necessary equipment and special clothing, ensuring a safe and comfortable ride. No prior snowmobile experience is required.
- Snowmobile ride on Myrdalsjokull Glacier
- Professional snowmobile guide.
- All equipment needed for the snowmobile ride.
- Professional driver & guide with local knowledge.
- Guided tour to Skógafoss, Seljalandsfoss & Sólheimajokull glacier.
What to bring
- Dress according to weather
- warm & waterproof clothes
- Warm socks
- Good outdoor shoes
Good to know
- All drivers must be 17 years of age or older and have a full, valid driver’s license. A learner´s permit, tractor, or motorcycle license is not sufficient according to Icelandic law.
- The age limit for this tour is 5 years.
- Only one child is permitted per adult on this tour.
- Dress according to the weather.
- No previous snowmobiling experience is required.
- Please show up at the meeting point (Reykjavik Terminal) 15 minutes prior the departure.
- If you have booked a pick up, please be at your chosen pickup location 30 minutes before the departure of the tour.
- Lunch is not included in the tour. We will stop in Hvolsvöllur where you will find shops where you can buy food and drinks.
- There are two people sharing a snowmobile on this tour. If you are traveling single or in a group with odd numbers, please book a single ride extra.
- We recommend that you bring your own headphones. On the bus you will find an In Bus Audio Guide with great information about Iceland. It is also possible to purchase headphones on the bus if you forget yours.
- We will stop at Skógafoss waterfall and Seljalandsfoss waterfall for a minimum 30 minutes.
Most frequent questions and answers
The pick up for the tour is 30 minutes before departure.
You can find the nearest pick up location. You are welcome to email us to get help with finding an alternative pick up location.
You sill be spending 1 hour on the snowmobile.
We always recommend to book as soon as you are ready especially if you have a strict travel schedule or a large group. This is a small group tour so it gets fully booked pretty quickly. It is easy to change or cancel 24 hours before departure by emailing us. Tours can also be purchased the day of as long as there are spaces available.
Wear warm clothes. Pick clothing according to weather that day. We advise that you dress in layers.
Check out our Summer Packing List for more details.
If the tour gets cancelled, for example due to weather, we will let you know as soon as possible and you can choose between rescheduling the tour or receiving a full refund.