The most convenient way to explore Solheimasandur Plane Wreck. Take the affordable shuttle from the Ring Road to the plane crash.
- Convenient and affordable way to get to the plane crash.
- Black sand beaches
Take the shuttle for the best transfer from the Ring Road to the famous Solheimasandur plane wreck on Iceland’s south coast. This tour offers an opportunity to discover the history and beauty of the area while being transported in comfort.
The walk from the Ring Road to Solheimasandur is around 2 hours. Why spend your day walking in the desert of Iceland when you can take a fast and convenient shuttle to Solheimasandur Plane Wreck? It is extremely time saving and takes only 10-15 minutes each way. You will also have a guarantee ride back at your allotted time.
The shuttle will take you to the plane wreck and you can also walk to the nearby black sand beach which is located only 500m away. You can then relax in the shuttle as we transport you back to your vehicle at the Ring Road.
The shuttle operates regularly from Sólheimasandur parking lot (at the Ring Road) starting at 10:00 am and is available every day of the week. The final departure of the day is at 5:00 pm (depending on daylight hours).
- Transfer to and from the plane wreck.
Good to know
- The duration of the shuttle is approximately 10 minutes each way.
- The hiking distance from the Ring Road to the plane wreck is approximately 2 hours round trip.
- We recommend booking the shuttle in advance for a guaranteed seat.
- There is no minimum age for the shuttle.
- You do not have to print your ticket for this tour, it is enough to have an e-ticket.