- Jökulsárlón Amphibian Boat Ride
Hop on this 2-day South Iceland tour to explore the magnificent places of Iceland up and close. Gear up and be prepared to visit the most famous places on the South Coast of Iceland. This tour includes some of the best attractions in Iceland, like the Black Sand Beach, Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss waterfalls, Jokulsaron glacier lagoon and the Diamond Beach. We will also be visiting Europe’s largest glacier – Vatnajokull. Top your trip with glacier hiking on the largest glacier in Europe. Sounds good?
This unforgettable 2-Day South Iceland Tour that includes a Glacier Hike & a visit to Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon and the unique Diamond Beach is all filled with breathtaking views, powerful waterfalls, and volcanic black sand beaches. The tour will give you a perfect visual treat to your eyes. Come with us to explore the natural beauty of Iceland. We will take care of planning and organizing the trip to make sure that you make the most of your 2 days in our magical country. We got your back, let us take you to the most memorable ride of your life!
- Pick-up & Drop-off in Reykjavik or the capital area (see pick up options when booking).
- One night accommodation in the countryside in a 3 star hotel with private bathroom
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide
- Guided sightseeing to the best locations on the South Coast.
- Glacier Hike in Skaftafell.
- Jökulsárlón Amphibian Boat Ride
- Glacier equipment; helmet, harness, crampons, and ice axe.
- All safety equipment.
- Wi-Fi and Icelandic music on board the minibus.
- Small group experience.
What to bring
- Warm & waterproof outdoor clothing
- Warm clothes
- Hiking shoes
- Water bottle
- Gloves & Headwear
- Warm socks
- Camera (optional)
- Lunch & Dinner – we will stop at restaurants
Good to know
- Order or availability of attractions may change due to road or weather conditions.
- The luggage limit for this tour is one suitcase of 24 inches per person. If you have any extra luggage, you can store it in our office for 1,000 ISK. You can add it to your booking in the booking engine.
- If you are traveling on your own, you will receive a single room. Reservations for 2 people will be allocated a double room. For bookings of 3 or more, triple rooms will automatically be allocated. If these arrangements do not meet your requirements, please contact us.
- Remember to choose the Single Supplement Fee in the booking engine if you are traveling alone.
- This tour includes a pick up from Reykjavik. You can see the designated pick up locations in the drop down menu when booking.
- Pick up is not available from Keflavik airport or outside of the greater capital area.
- Lunch & dinner is not included in the tour. We will stop on restaurants where you can buy lunch & dinner.
- It is recommended to bring some snacks and drinks for the day time adventures. Some light chips and soda should do the trick.
- The departure time for this tour is at 8am.
- This tour is perfect for groups, single travelers, and families.
- You will be traveling on a minibus on this tour. The minibus includes free Wi-Fi. We will introduce you to Icelandic music aboard the minibus.
- We recommend you wear proper warm clothing, gloves, hat, scarves, and hiking shoes.
- If you don’t have hiking shoes, you can rent them in the booking engine.
- In the rare case that we need to cancel the tour because of extreme weather, road conditions or other factors, we will assist you with rebooking to another date. If that does not work out for you, you will receive a full refund for the tour.
Before you join us on this trip you might want to check out the daily itinerary to know more about what to expect on your 2-day tour. Here is the daily itinerary that gives you a detailed version of the destinations you will be visiting.
Day 1 - The South Coast
Highlights of the day
- Seljalandsfoss waterfall
- Gljúfrabúi waterfall
- Skógafoss waterfall
- Skaftafell Nature Reserve
- Vatnajokull National Park
- Vatnajokull glacier
- Glacier Hike in Skaftafell
- Guided Minibus Tour
- English speaking tour guide
- Glacier Hike in Skaftafell
- Certified Glacier Guide
- All necessary equipment
- One night in a hotel
Seljalandsfoss: Explore the Beautiful Walk-Behind Waterfall
The very first destination for the day will be Seljalandsfoss waterfall that is sure to leave you stunned with the exemplary lush green surroundings. The water is sure to drizzle all over, so don’t forget to carry your raincoat. This beautiful waterfall is sure to leave you speechless. It is one of the most scenic waterfalls in Iceland. The reason why it is so popular is that you will have the opportunity to walk behind it. Yes! You can walk all around the waterfall, catching magnificent views from behind the waterfall over the south coast of Iceland. The path is clearly visible and has sufficient space for the visitors to ensure you don’t miss the beautiful views with the power of water up and close. Hike behind the waterfall and be prepared to get drenched in the water too. It will be an experience you will never forget!
Moving towards the next destination, yet another beautiful waterfall awaits you. It is Skógafoss Waterfall with an approximate drop of 62 meters. It looks majestically magical and is sure to make you astounded by its beauty. This waterfall is wider and more powerful than Seljalandsfoss with an approximate 25 meters width. Indeed, one of the biggest waterfalls in Iceland. Skógafoss Waterfall allows you to hike up to the top where you will find an observation platform to capture the picturesque waterfall. You can also walk on the ground and get very close to the waterfall. Bring your raincoat if you want to get close to the waterfall because you will most definitely get wet. But there is something so unique about experiencing the power of nature so deeply.
Glacier Hike in Skaftafell
Vatnajökull is the largest glaciers in Iceland and the largest glacier in Europe. One of its outlet glaciers will be the next and last destination of the day. We will visit Skaftafell Nature Reserve – one of the most beautiful pars of Iceland – where you will go hiking on a glacier. This will only add more adventure to your day and make it even more memorable. In Skaftafell Nature Reserve you will find numerous of hiking paths but the views over the glacier are simply magnificent. The spectacular views, rugged and wild landscapes will add to the adventure. Fret not, complete guidance about glacier hike and how to commence that will be provided. You will also be equipped with ice axes, harnesses, helmets, and crampons to keep the safety quotient high. Before you leave for glacier hiking, spend few minutes feeling the spellbinding beauty around the area. Like mentioned above, this is an extremely beautiful area. It has been a part of TV shows and different films, including the Game of Thrones, James Bond, and Interstellar.
After glacier hiking on Vatnajokull Glacier we will end day 1 of this memorable tour. We will drive to our accommodation in South Iceland where we will have great dinner and relax for the rest of the evening.
Day 2 - Glacier Lagoon, Diamond Beach & Boat Tour
Highlights of the day
- Jokulsarlon glacier lagoon
- Boat tour on the glacier lagoon
- Diamond Beach
- Reynisfjara black sand beach
- Guided Minibus Tour
- Breakfast at your hotel
- English speaking tour guide
- Jokulsarlon glacier lagoon boat tour
Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon
We will start Day-2 by visiting one of the most stunning part of Iceland, Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon. Jokulsarlon is located in Vatnajökull National Park and is by many considered to be the most beautiful place in Iceland. This 200m deep glacier lagoon looks spectacular with the floating and flipping icebergs all around. The ice bergs in the glacier lagoon drop off from Breiðamerkurjokull glacier, which is an outlet glacier of Vatnajökull, Europe’s largest glacier. On Day 1 you will be hiking on another outlet glacier of Vatnajokull, so when visiting this area and participating in those activities you will get a good idea on how big Vatnajokull really is. The whole lagoon is filled with huge chunks of icebergs that are a treat to the eyes. Walk around and experience the serene and calm environment closely. We can promise you that you will want to visit this place again in the future.
The Diamond Beach
After taking in the views at Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon you will be heading just a couple of meters away to the Diamond Beach. Just after witnessing the massive chunks of icebergs in the glacial lagoon, now is the time to experience those icebergs closely. Yes, the icebergs from the stunning Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon are thrown to the Diamond Beach by the massive waves and tides. Diamond Beach is known for the human-sized and naturally polished icebergs, that are sculpted by mother nature. These icebergs from the Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon crashes at the Beach to form a visually stunning sight. These icebergs look like diamonds and create a beautiful contrast against the black sand, under the sun. You will find massive icebergs to smaller ice blocks in varied shapes and sizes in the shades of white and blue
Reynisfjara black sand beach
The last destination for the day will be yet another stunning place of Iceland that looks extremely dramatic and spectacular. Reynisfjara is a black sand beach that is situated on the South Coast of Iceland. You will witness nature’s immense power, the massive roaring waves hit the shore with all the power, while the unique basalt pillars also add to the dramatic view. The enormous basalt stacks look like geometrically symmetric enclosures gazing at the cliffs of Dyrhólaey. This place is also home to razorbills, puffins, and varied other species; these can be easily spotted over the cliffs in the summertime, a perfect place for bird lovers.
Make the most of your 2 days in Iceland and hop on this 2-Day South Iceland tour. Join the tour with your friends and family and make some new friends on the way!
You can choose a pick up in Reykjavik or the capital area. Find the designated pick up locations in the drop down menu when booking.
If you don’t know your pick up point for your tour yet, you can let us know later. Note that you need to send us the pick up location for your tour at least 24 hours prior to the departure of the tour. It would also be great if you can give us your phone number so we can call you if we can not find you at the pick up location.
Pick up starts at the scheduled departure time on your voucher ticket. Note that the pick up can take up to 30 minutes. Please be at your listed location so our guide can easily find you.
No, this tour does not include a pick up from Keflavik Airport.
If you are arriving in Iceland early morning on the day of your tour, it would be best to take a taxi or bus from the airport to BSI bus station. Choose your pick up for the tour at BSI bus station and we will pick you up there.
A multi day tour is a tour that includes guided sightseeing and activities for more than one day. Accommodation is usually included in multi day tours.
The multi day tours are ideal if you would like to make the most of your time in Iceland.
- You do not have to worry about finding accommodation that will fit to your day full of sightseeing and activities.
- Most multi day tours are operated in small groups with personal guidance.
- The tours will drive further into the countryside and give you the opportunity to explore locations that you would not be able to do in the day tours from Reykjavik.
You will be staying in a comfort hotel with private bedroom and private bathroom on this tour. We usually stay in a hotel close to Jokulsarlon glacier lagoon.
Yes, breakfast after each night of accommodation spent during the multiday tour is included.
You will be traveling in a minibus.
Yes, the single supplement fee is mandatory for solo travelers. This is to ensure your private room in the accommodation. There is no way to skip on the single supplement fee if you are a solo traveler.
In the rare case that we will have to cancel the tour because of extreme weather, road conditions or other factors, we will assist you with rebooking to another date or provide a full refund.
The tour can be cancelled up to 48 hours from the departure time with 85% of the total price refunded.
However, we would kindly as you to cancel the tour as soon as you know that you won’t be able to participate in it. The multi day tours require a lot of bookings on our half that needs to be cancelled in time (accommodation, activities, meals and more).
Please send us an email to email@example.com as soon as you know that you have to cancel the tour.
All cancellations requested less than 48 hours from the departure time are non refundable.
If you have more luggage, you can store your extra luggage in our office for a small extra price of ISK 1.000. Add it as an extra at the time of booking. This fee is non refundable upon payment.
Yes, and you definitely should! The setting on the tour is full of amazing, scenic views.
You will also find a tablet in the bus with information about the northern lights and how to photograph them.
For winter tours in Iceland, wear warm clothing as first layer and waterproof outdoor jacket and pants as a second layer. Hiking boots with high ankle protection is ideal for the glacier hike and ice cave experience. You will get crampons to put on your boots before you go to the glacier. If you do not have hiking boots, you have to rent them at the time of booking. A hat and gloves are also ideal for the glacier tours.
Yes, you need sturdy hiking boots for the glacier hike. They have to have hard sole and be tight around the ankle. If you don’t have hiking boots, you can rent them in all sizes when booking the tour. It is also possible to rent the shoes at the glacier hiking location.
The glacier hike is considered to be safe for anyone in good physical condition. You have to be able to walk for about an hour up and down on slopes and uneven surface.
We offer all safety equipment necessary and you will always be hiking with a professional and certified glacier guide.
This is always a personal choice and depends on your physical health at the time of the glacier hike. We have had pregnant women on this glacier hike but not all pregnancies are the same. We recommend that you read the description of the tour to get a good idea and ask your doctor about it.