Enjoy Icelandic Horse Riding with Your Family
Iceland never fails to surprise anyone; with every new destination, you are sure to experience something that you might have not expected. Iceland is undoubtedly the best and most popular destination that acts as a magnet to the travelers, adventure seekers, and environmentalists. The staggering waterfalls, roaring oceanic waves, the volcanic black sand beaches, and the steaming geysers are sure to make your jaw drop. But flipping the coin, there is another side of Iceland that not just enhances your experience but makes you feel closer to nature and that is Horse Riding Tours! Yes, if you have not considered this yet, then shuffle up your itinerary and add this up to the list. It is time to make yourself comfortable on the saddle.
A Complete Family Horse Riding Tour Amidst Nature
If you are traveling to Iceland with your entire family and especially with the young horse lovers, then no other destination or thing will fascinate them as much as Horse riding. Icelandic five-gaited breed horses are way too friendly and gentle and are specifically known for their sure-footedness and their ability to cross rough and graveled terrains easily. The Icelandic horses are the only breed known for the five different types of gaits – walk, trot, tölt, pace, and gallop. Isn’t it amazing to experience this on your own and not just scrolling through the pictures? It is indeed the most amazing experience and a chance to be closer to the beautiful nature of Iceland. You can enjoy family-friendly horse rides either in the countryside or from Reykjavík City. It is surely going to be a family moment.
Horse riding tours are completely suitable for the children, beginners and inexperienced riders as well. Proper guidance of the route and vicinity will be provided by the tour guides. Each family member will be provided a suitable horse as per their age and experience. So, no need to worry even if it’s your first time. Additional things and the most important, don’t forget to carry your essentials, wear warm clothes and sturdy shoes.
Professional horse riding guide
What to bring
Warm & waterproof clothing
Good to know
- Dress according to weather.
- If you ask for pickup, we will be at your pickup place in Reykjavik 60 min before set riding time.
- It is also possible to get a pick up from Selfoss.
- If you did not choose pick up, the meeting point is at Ölfus farm in south Iceland, about 40 minutes drive from Reykjavik.
- If you have your own car, please be at our location 30 min before set riding time.
- The duration of this tour is 3 hours, you will be spending 1,5 – 2 hours on the horse.
- It is possible to book this tour on other times upon request. Please contact us for more information.
- It is possible to book this as a private tour. Please contact us for more information.
- This tour is ideal for single travelers, groups & families.
- This tour is ideal for beginners and experienced riders.
- This tour offers small groups and personal service.
You might find interesting...
Locations in the area
Most frequent questions and answers
The meeting point is in Ölfus in south Iceland.
The driving time from Reykjavik to the meeting point is approximately 45 minutes (53 kilometres) in good road condition.
You should schedule to be at our departure point at least 30 minutes before scheduled departure.
This tour is available with a pick up from Reykjavik and Selfoss. The pick up is included in the price of the tour.
You will be picked up in Reykjavik 60 minutes before the tour starts.
We offer pick up from ION Adventure hotel for extra fee of ISK 6.000. The pick up starts 60 minutes before set riding time.
You will be on the horse for 1,5 – 2 hours.
This is a 7 – 10 kilometres horse riding tour.
This tour is ideal for beginners.
If the tour gets cancelled due to weather you can choose between rescheduling the tour for another departure or receiving a full refund.
- 2 days notice: 100% charge
- 6 days notice: 70% charge
- 8 days notice: 0% charge
Yes, and you definitely should! The setting on the tour is full of amazing, scenic views.
We do not recommend horse riding tours for pregnant women.
There are plenty of free parking lots next to the meeting point of the tour.
Yes, we have variety of horse riding tours that departures from Reykjavik.