Explore the Top Attractions in Iceland on this Iceland 6 days Ring Road Tour – available during winter!
Join this tour for 6 days of a magical journey into each part of Iceland. This is a 6 Day Iceland Ring Road Tour that is operated during the winter time from September to March. You will be traveling in a minibus with a small group of travelers for a personalized experience. On this 6 Day winter tour, you will travel around Iceland, or the Ring Road of Iceland, to explore all the top attractions in the country. You will also have the opportunity to join in on several activities like ice caves, nature baths, whale watching, horseback riding, and much more.
The 6-Day Iceland Ring Road Tour is perfect if you want to make the most of your time in Iceland and explore the most iconic destinations. We will make sure that you get the most out of your trip to Iceland on this 6-Day Ring Road excursion.
Where will we travel?
This is a Ring Road Tour, which means that you will be traveling around the whole country of Iceland. The 6-Day tour will start with the Golden Circle where you will explore all the must see attractions and the amazing sites on this popular route. We will of course stop at Gullfoss waterfall, Geysir geothermal area and the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Thingvellir National Park.
After visiting the Golden Circle, we will head on to the magical South Coast of Iceland. The South Coast is often considered to be the most beautiful part of Iceland. We will explore the beautiful waterfalls of the South Coast as well as the black sand beaches, a natural ice cave, glacier lagoons and the diamond beach.
East Iceland is full of surprises, stunning landscapes and great atmosphere. Go to Vök hot springs, horseback riding and explore the fjords of East Iceland.
In North Iceland we will visit the outstanding Mývatn area. You can find so many great attractions in this area, including lava fields, geothermal areas, massive waterfalls, and much more. We will visit Akureyri, the capital of north Iceland, and do a whale watching tour.
After 6 full days of exploring Iceland, you will get back to Reykjavik with endless of memories from our magnificent country!
Note that accommodation is included in the price.
Day 1 – The Golden Circle
The tour will begin on the first day with an exploration of the Golden Circle. Thingvellir National Park will be the first stop, with its historic and scenic landmarks. Þingvellir has become the signature of Icelandic beauty, history, and culture. Here you can find Silfra Fissure, Almannagjá and Öxarárfoss waterfall to name a few of the attractions in Þingvellir.
After your explore Thingvellir National Park, we will head towards Geysir geothermal area. We will make sure to stop at Strokkur, a hot spring hub that erupts water 20 meters up in the air every 5-10 minutes.
After a full day of exploring, the minibus will take you to your accommodation that is in the perfect location to view the northern lights for the night!
Day 2 – The South Coast
Seljalandsfoss waterfall, Skógafoss waterfall, Reynisfjara Black Sand Beach of Reynisfjara, Dyrhólaey and Vík. Glacier Hike is included in this day!
Day 3 – Glacier Hike, Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon & Diamond Beach
Day 4 – The East Fjords
Day 5 –The Mývatn Area & Dettifoss waterfall
Day 6 – North Iceland
After 6 days of exploring Iceland, you will return to Reykjavik.
- Pick up and drop off in Reykjavik or the capital area.
- 5 nights accommodation in comfortable country hotels with breakfast and private bathroom.
- 6 Days guided sightseeing to all the best locations around the Ring Road of Iceland.
- English speaking professional guide.
- Glacier Hike
- Certified glacier guide
- Glacier equipment; helmet, harness, crampons and ice axe.
- Crystal Ice Cave tour
- Northern Lights hunting
- Whale Watching tour
- Small groups
- Wi-Fi and Icelandic music on board the minibus
- Horseback Riding Tour
- Geothermal hot spring admission
What to bring
- Dress according to weather
- Waterproof outdoor clothing
- Warm clothes
- Warm socks
- Gloves & Headwear
- Hiking boots (available for rent when booking)
- Swimsuit and towel
- Camera (optional)
Good to know
- Order or availability of attractions may change due to road or weather conditions.
- The luggage limit for this tour is one suitcase of 24 inches per person. If you have any extra luggage, you can store it in our office for 1,000 ISK. You can add it to your booking in the booking engine.
- If you are traveling on your own, you will receive a single room. Reservations for 2 people will be allocated a double room. For bookings of 3 or more, triple rooms will automatically be allocated. If these arrangements do not meet your requirements, please contact us.
- Remember to choose the Single Supplement Fee in the booking engine if you are traveling alone.
- This tour includes a pick up from Reykjavik. You can see the designated pick up locations in the drop down menu when booking.
- You will have plenty of chances for bathroom breaks and to buy snacks on the way.
- Age limit for Glacier Hike is 8 years old.
- Pick up is from designated locations in Reykjavík on a drop-down menu at the time of booking. Pick up is not available from Keflavik airport or outside of the greater capital area.
- The Ice cave that will be visited on this tour is 100% natural and always changing. Since the ice caves are ever changing we will visit new ice caves each year in different areas of the glacier. The photos that you see on our website are from recent tours, but note that the ice caves might have changed due to the dynamic nature of these formations.
- Lunch & dinner is not included in the tour. We will stop on restaurants where you can buy lunch & dinner.
- It is recommended to bring some snacks and drinks for the day time adventures. Some light chips and soda should do the trick.
- This tour is perfect for groups, single travelers and families.
- You will be traveling on a minibus on this tour. The minibus includes free Wi-Fi. We will introduce you to Icelandic music aboard the minibus.
- We recommend you wear proper warm clothing, gloves, hat, scarves, and hiking shoes.
- If you don’t have hiking shoes, you can rent them at the time of booking.
- In the rare case that we need to cancel the tour because of extreme weather, road conditions or other factors, we will assist you with rebooking to another date. If that does not work out for you, you will receive a full refund for the tour.
- The minimum age bar to join the tour is 8 years for the hiking and ice caving part. If children below 8 years are on the trip then one adult will have to stay with them while the group completes these activities.
Do you have a question?
This tour is sold by Iceland Travel Guide (When in Iceland ehf.) and operated by Trollaferdir