It is all about waterfall, glaciers, beautiful beaches, volcanoes, lagoons, natural reserve, and small, gorgeous villages on the Southern coast of Iceland. Adventure personified; this beautiful tour is fairly close to the capital city hence it can be the ideal tour that would let you enjoy every kind of geographical wonders that Iceland so famously holds as its pride. You will get to reconnoiter about 6-7 spots on this tour which will last for about 10.5 hours. Join in and come face to face with beautiful black sand beaches, glorious glaciers, colorful houses, cascading waterfalls, and many more marvels form the Southern wonderland of the land of ice and fire.
Locations on the tour
- Eyjafjallajökull Volcano: A stratovolcano, Eyjafjallajökull volcano is a small volcano made of many layers of lava, pumice, tephra, and volcanic ash. It is one of the active volcanos of Iceland. It quite for the time being but can erupt at any with explosive eruptions that contain a large amount of ash.
- Reynisfjara Black Sand Beach: While the south coast is filled with many black-sand beaches, Reynisfjara black sand beach is one of the most famous beaches of the southern part. It is popular for its enormous basalt rocks, beautiful crashing waves, and stunning panoramas. There are several folklores that you will get to enjoy with the locals here.
- Seljalandsfoss Waterfall: The 60-meter high waterfall flows down from the Seljalands river which comes from Eyjafjallajökull volcano. It consists of pure glacial water from its parent glacier. It is famous for the path that leads you behind the waterfall resulting in a view that can be found nowhere in the world.
About the Tour
The tour will start from Reykjavik and go through the lava fields where you will drive side by side with Hengill mountain, down to the coastline farmland. If the weather is nice and the skies are clear, you will even be able to see the Eyjafjallajökull Volcano and Hekla Volcano in the distance and the coastal mountains. The stop will be made at Reynisfjara Black Sand Beach. Every photographers’ dream, this black sand beach will present powerful crashing waves of the Atlantic Ocean creating a beautiful black and white landscape. The basalt columns on the beach are an add on for your photos.
Your next destination will be made at Vik – the village of colorful wonders. Located on the main route of the ring road, this southwestern village is filled with multi-colored houses and cute little restaurants, cafes, and bakeries.
After that, you will circle back and head to Reykjavik. On the way back you will make a stop at the raging Skógafoss waterfall which has a beautiful flight of stairs that leads to the top of the waterfall. As you reach the top, you will find a picturesque view of black sand beaches and glaciers in the distance. The last stop will be Seljalandsfoss Waterfall – 60 meters of the cascading waterfall with a hidden cave behind it.
You will board a SmartBus from Reykjavik Terminal at Skógarhlíð 10. You can book any bus which suits your timings. Make sure that you arrive at the terminal 15 minutes prior to your tour timing so that you can comfortably board your assigned tour bus. You can even choose the desired pickup point which can be near your accommodation as well. Be ready for the boarding with your e-ticket or printed ticket/voucher. The tour bus will arrive about 30 minutes before your pickup.
In-bus audio guide with a choice of 10 languages
Professional Local Guide
Sightseeing and admission to the sights
Wi-Fi & USB-charger for ever seat
What to bring
Warm & waterproof clothes
Good outdoor shoes
Gloves & Hat
Good to know
- This tour has in bus audio guide with a choice of 10 languages – English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Finnish.
- We recommend that you bring your own headphones, simply because they will fit you best. It is also great for the environment. If you don’t have your headphones, with you or forgot to bring them, no worries we sell earphones on board.
- This tour is operated in a coach that holds approximately 40-65 people. The coach is very spacious and comfortable. It is featured with lavatory facilities as standard. The bus offers free Wi-Fi and USB charging ports.
- Lunch is not included in the tour. There are shops in Hvolsvöllur, Reynisfjara and Vík where you can buy food and drinks.
- This tour is only available with a pick up from Reykjavik.
- You can bring snacks and beverages on the tour if you like.
Most frequent questions and answers
For tours that state that they pick up from Reykjavík, we ask all our customers to send their pick up location at least 24 hours prior to the departure of their tour. We cannot be responsible if you do not provide your pick up location, we won’t be responsible if you miss your tour.
Please be at your chosen pickup location 30 minutes before the departure of the tour. Look for the Green Smartbus™ which will be outside your accommodation at within the 30 minutes of pickup.
Due to regulations of Reykjavik City, tour companies are allowed to stop at certain designated bus stop locations in the city centre to pick up passengers. It is stated on your voucher whether we will pick you up directly from your accommodation or from the bus stop.
Find the closest designated pick up location using the map below:
Please show up at Reykjavik Terminal – Skógarhlíð 10, 15 minutes prior to the departure time.
The tours stops a minimum 30 minutes at Seljalansfoss, Skógafoss & Reynisfjara black sand beach.
You will receive a full refund if the tour gets cancelled due to weather.
There are shops in Hvolsvöllur, Reynisfjara & Vík where you can buy food and drinks.
Yes, you can bring your own food and drinks on the tour.